So what did Santa bring everybody?

Started by Newportnobby, December 25, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: GrahamB on January 03, 2015, 02:59:20 PM
Flu for the whole family  :(

You have my sympathies. I had a bout of Bronchitis pre Christmas and am still trying to shake the bugger off despite a course of antibiotics. Methinks another visit to the quack will be in order ::)

GrahamB

Quote from: newportnobby on January 03, 2015, 04:55:53 PM

You have my sympathies. I had a bout of Bronchitis pre Christmas and am still trying to shake the bugger off despite a course of antibiotics. Methinks another visit to the quack will be in order ::)
I'll probably have to visit the doc next week if it doesn't clear up as well.  :(
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

GeeBee

Quote from: newportnobby on January 03, 2015, 04:55:53 PM

I hope you both recover quickly
Graham

Bob Tidbury

A very bad attack of Gout went to the quack and saw a Locum she told me that one of the other tablets I take for lowering my blood pressure was almost certain to be the cause of the gout and I was to stop taking it as of now looked it up and sure enought that's what one of the side effects were so I hope the gout goes away but I Might die of high blood pressure can't win whatever.
So I have to go down the shed to run my BB while I can .
Bob

Skyline2uk

Sorry to here about the above health "presents", hope all get better soon.

A bit late, but I have been spending my Christmas cash and now I have received my N gauge haul for this Christmas:

I will be updating my layout thread and commenting on the 37/4 and 37/5 thread shortly.

But I will say something about the BAA's here....their loads are a bit fiddly arn't they?!

Skyline2uk

ChrisWV10

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 31, 2014, 10:13:57 AM
Standard 5MT?

That's lovely  :thumbsup:

Was toying with the idea of getting one of these with my Christmas money, but modern traction won out in the end. Still, in the future I may be going down the "railtour" route, so would be interested in running qualities.

:thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Have had a running in session and the 5 MT is a lovely smooth runner. Passes through set track points with no derailing and easily pulled a rake of 6 Stanier coaches round radius 2 curves. Very happy with it  :thumbsup:

C. :)

lil chris

Just called in the Locoshed this morning to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I noticed he had one of those Summer Excursion sets.[smg id=20178]
After reading how nice the new 4F is I decided to treat myself for Christmas, another plus you cannot have to many MK1 coaches.
[smg id=20173][smg id=20174][smg id=20175][smg id=20176]
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

mark37/4

Just the standard sweets i get, but also some nice things aswell

DRS Class 37/4 Lord hinton, and some steam era vans and peco N.E bolster wagons,
also two italeri truck kits, bonneted 143 scania & a 3 axle scania 143 drop side, So got a conversion to do me thinks

Mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

Trainfish

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 04, 2015, 04:35:40 PM
I will say something about the BAA's here....their loads are a bit fiddly arn't they?!

Skyline2uk

You're not wrong there, I've had one for about 2 years now and am yet to tackle the assembly side of things.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

A bit late now, I know, but I actually got this working on Dec 27 but haven't got around to getting it on here 'til now.

The weather station that Santa brought... I love it! Here is the outdoor sensor unit mounted on a steel pole out in the back garden:
[smg id=20374 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=20375 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=20376 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=20377 type=preview align=center width=400]
...which transmits weather data to a receiver/screen unit inside the house:
[smg id=20378 type=preview align=center width=400]
It displays indoor & outdoor temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, windspeed & direction, rainfall rate and amount, solar radiation and UV index. It logs all of this data, and by pressing buttons you can call up graphs so you can see trends over monthly periods. For example, this screen shows the outdoor and indoor temperature along with dew point over the period Jan 3 to Jan 6 this year (the scale up the side is degrees C):
[smg id=20380 type=preview align=center width=400]
Finally, Santa didn't bring it, but we got a new car in the New Year.... just thought I'd throw that one in  ;D
[smg id=20379 type=preview align=center width=400]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

That's a weather station ?  Thought it was an alien spacecraft for a minute ...... :D

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

When me daughter went and bought it she thought it was a submarine!

But on a serious note, all the electronics & wiring are totally enclosed, a great advantage here when antipodian spiders decide to move in!

Agrippa

Don't mention the s******. I'm arachnophobic enough with UK ones !
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

Ha ha... but can you get these things in the UK? They are marketed under the "DigiTech" label. I should imagine they would be useful for yachtsmen and folk with solar panels on the roof.

However, I just take an interest in logging the weather in me own backyard!  :beers:

Newportnobby

Suggest this thread is now locked as Santa is now in hibernation again :hmmm:

George - nice motor. Keep an eye on Ann! ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations