HELP !!!!. Addicted to buying rolling stock and locos

Started by sparky, August 21, 2014, 06:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom U

That is Ian of layout "Ashdon"
Ian had a great idea to record his N gauge expenditure vs previous cigarette expenditure, a brilliant strategy.
Unfortunately both Ian and his wife Josie have health problems, and Ian does not post so much these days.

Hi Ian....can you drop us a note to let us know how you & Josie are coping.

Kind wishes,
Tom U.

EtchedPixels

The best cure I have found is to work out how long it will take to clean all the wheels, superdetail and weather your current stock.

Bachmann are working on the second half of the cure - 25% price rises  :D

You don't *need* a lot of stock for most layouts. In fact one reason many older layouts were small branch lines was not just space but also because buying a 2nd locomotive was once an extravagance!

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Totally agree. However, I must admit to have succumbed of late to things like a Blue Pullman and a new Deltic... both of which would never have been in the same neck of the woods together, but, Rule 1.....
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Greybeema

The addiction has never really bitten me.  I suppose it's due to the fact that the layout spends most of its time broken down in the attic.  Only being assembled for the odd weekend. 

I also have storage issues in the staging area.  I can't store all the trains 'On Track'.  Once I move the layout into the Man Cave where it will be assembled semi permanently, and can address the storage issue, we'll see what happens then..

Of course, it being a North Kent line layout and me not really being a 'Rule 1' kind of person - The right type of EMU can only come in kit form (hoping someone will do a kit) and the freight is Class 59, 66 & 73 handled so there isn't a lot of opportunity for addiction....

Now, when's that Brighton Belle becoming available?

:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Bealman

Good question addressed on another thread.

I'm only 50% Rule 1... I don't mix Eras but I do mix regions.  :-[
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations