2014 Formula 1 cars, ugliest yet?

Started by bridgiesimon, January 26, 2014, 05:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgiesimon

Check out this lot -
http://www.autosport.com/gallery/index.php/id/3191

I have followed F1 for many years but canot remember ever seeing cars as evil to the eye as this lot, what do you think?

I will, however, accept the terrible looks if we have a superb season of close racing xcitemetn, especially if it results in a British champ!!

Simon

Luke Piewalker

Not as bad as the stepped nose. Although Ferrari seem determined to use the ruleset to build the ugliest car possible. Again...

michael

I didnt think the Ferrari and Sauber were to bad, certainly the most conventional looking ones. Just hope the Lotus dosnt have a head on collision with a Williams or a McLaren!

Jack

Bring back the six wheel f1 Tyrells' for a bit of class.  ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

bridgiesimon

Ah yes the unique 6 wheel tyrrell identucal to the one right behind it as Murray once said!!

Simon

Luke Piewalker

Having gone for the brutal 'step' on the nose of the previous cars, they seem to have gone for a similar approach on this one. Compared to the far more uniform curve on the McLaren.

PLD

Remember the 'Walrus Tusks' on the 2004 Williams? I thought that would never be beaten in the ugliness stakes...

Untill this year... :o  :goggleeyes:

Luke Piewalker

I dunno, some of those 1970s cars and later ground effect cars were pretty minging...

Greybeema

Definitely function over form.............
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Luke Piewalker

I dunno, it's almost as if Ferrari were actively trying to make their ground effect cars ugly... Williams FW07 a much nicer looking car...
The Lotus... now THAT is hideous...

ParkeNd

They are a triumph of function over form. Now if Bang and Olufsen were designing them you could have form over function - they would look wonderful but get overtaken by all the ugly cars.

Komata

At the risk of being heretical, has anyone noticed that, in essence these cars are only 'ground-hugging' variants of the US Road-railer wagons?  If you use your imagination, remove the fiberglass 'bits' and have a VERY close look at the basic shape, you'll perhaps see what I mean

Thin spine, wheels (albeit only four, not bogies), a 'pan' for the engine,  and not much else. Because they are essentially of the same configuration (although a little higher) the 'Road-railers' come to mind...

Perhaps the designers are frustrated railway engineers?

(Steps back five paces, preparatory to 'hurried departure')
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations