2012 Dapol Catalogue

Started by 4x2, January 15, 2012, 12:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

Quote from: Mustermark on January 22, 2012, 01:09:51 PM
Does anyone know if further HST coaches are coming?  I need the FGW first class and buffet to complete my set.

Failing that i would be happy enough with some more second class and some yellow paint but they are now unavailable!

I'd like more FGW HST coaches too.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

OwL

Ok then-

We have seen what Farish have proposed and we kind of have an idea of what locos Dapol are gonna be producing thanks to Ally Pally show this weekend, however does anyone have any 'gen' on possible wagon releases?......I have seen the 00 range of Dapol wagons and getting very jealous :P In my books Dapol tend to be the most innovative when it comes to rolling stock releases and the quality is usually very high.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

H

Quote from: OwL729 on March 26, 2012, 12:45:53 PM
Ok then-

We have seen what Farish have proposed and we kind of have an idea of what locos Dapol are gonna be producing thanks to Ally Pally show this weekend, however does anyone have any 'gen' on possible wagon releases

The complete new range from Dapol will be in their new brochure which is due in April.

H.

sprichasm

Quote from: OwL729 on March 26, 2012, 12:45:53 PM
Ok then-

We have seen what Farish have proposed and we kind of have an idea of what locos Dapol are gonna be producing thanks to Ally Pally show this weekend, however does anyone have any 'gen' on possible wagon releases?......I have seen the 00 range of Dapol wagons and getting very jealous :P In my books Dapol tend to be the most innovative when it comes to rolling stock releases and the quality is usually very high.
:beers:
Oh, Absolutely .... and there are plenty of profiles not yet covered by BachFar too .... if you've noticed the high price the old Grafar rectangular tank wagons fetch these days, I guesstimate there'd be ample demand for an N version of Dapol's OO one too. There are also the 4-plank open, 9-plank open, Fruit Mex van and Fruit D .... I expect they'll do something "modern-image" though! (*sigh*)
VBR
Chas
VBR
Chas

H

Quote from: sprichasm on March 26, 2012, 01:07:44 PM
I expect they'll do something "modern-image" though! (*sigh*)

Without a doubt - thankfully! (*phew*)

There's plenty of good OO wagons that they do and that will shrink down quite nicely, like the JNA Network Rail Falcon bogie ballast wagons, KQA Intermodal container pocket wagon and the MRA side tipping wagons.

H.

dr deltic

tell you what we do need, a nice resin cab front for the Farish 168/170 that makes a 377. Ok not cheap to do a 4 car set as 2 Chiltern 168's required but not a major job either!
Cogs going now, worked as far north as Rugby for a while, all the way to Crewe when on test, well 379's did....hmm

red_death

An Electrostar is definitely on my books as something that I will eventually get round to 3D printing, though it isn't as simple as wacking it on the front of a Turbostar body.  Turbostar bodies are 23m body shells, Electrostar are 20m body shells.

So chances are I will be tempted to do a complete body shell rather than just the nose.

I like Alan's (Etched Pixels) idea of printing ends, structure and roof and using etches for the sides.

Cheers, Mike

OwL

Quote from: H on March 26, 2012, 01:20:12 PM
Quote from: sprichasm on March 26, 2012, 01:07:44 PM
I expect they'll do something "modern-image" though! (*sigh*)

Without a doubt - thankfully! (*phew*)

There's plenty of good OO wagons that they do and that will shrink down quite nicely, like the JNA Network Rail Falcon bogie ballast wagons, KQA Intermodal container pocket wagon and the MRA side tipping wagons.

H.

I want all of these wagons in N. Especially the NR Falcon bogie's

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Greybeema

Quote from: red_death on March 26, 2012, 02:43:06 PM
An Electrostar is definitely on my books as something that I will eventually get round to 3D printing, though it isn't as simple as wacking it on the front of a Turbostar body.  Turbostar bodies are 23m body shells, Electrostar are 20m body shells.

So chances are I will be tempted to do a complete body shell rather than just the nose.

I like Alan's (Etched Pixels) idea of printing ends, structure and roof and using etches for the sides.

Cheers, Mike

Mike,

I'd be up for a Turbostar.  As said before would prefer a Class 465 Networker but "beggers can't be choosers"...

:Class414:
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

EtchedPixels

I'd be tempted to wait for the Bachmann 350 to appear. That'll be the right vehicle lengths for the chassis, four cars long and a basis for abuse for a lot of 20m units. Annoyingly the same problem applies in reverse for hacking one into a 185 - the 185 is 23m. A 450 ought to be doable though.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

sprichasm

Slightly off-topic ...
Has anyone on this forum got one of the Dapol Nthusiasts' Club new-style blue-liveried 7-plank wagons from the last open-day they don't wish to keep?
I'm willing to part with a reasonable amount of money to acquire one, as I
couldn't get to the open day myself ...
Thanks in advance
VBR
Chas
:beers:

VBR
Chas

bluedepot

dapol are apparently planning a tank engine in o gauge, i suspect a terrier...

tim

EtchedPixels

A few of those will certainly make the collectors eyes water and shelves creak 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

sprichasm

One thing I would like to see in the Dapol catalogue / range, is the plastic "loads" inserts sold separately. Some wagons have them in when purchased, some don't. Some have "coal" inserts where there might be ironstone, sand or ballast instead. I'm not a fan of "real" loads, ie: the sachets of loose coal, sand, etc that dapol sell - why can't they just sell extra examples of their plastic simulated load inserts? - Like PECO do.
:hmmm: :beers:
sprichasm
VBR
Chas

swisstony

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%