A British domestic train from Kato? 800 series available from May 2021

Started by woodbury22uk, February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

If you don't know that there's anything incorrect by looking at your set is it something you need to worry about...?

cornish yorkie

Quote from: njee20 on July 08, 2021, 01:35:27 AM
If you don't know that there's anything incorrect by looking at your set is it something you need to worry about...?

:hellosign:
Short answer no, I am happy as pig in   :poop: with my GWR set
  stay safe regards Derek
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Chris Morris

I'm happy with mine but I'll ask for a replacement anyway. If you think about it the Japanese are very honourable people. Mr Kato found a mistake and as a matter of honour he has sent corrected interiors over here. I'm sure he would be insulted if people didn't take up these replacement parts he has sent over.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

cornish yorkie

ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Trainfish

I would never have noticed but thought I may need a spare due to potential future vandalism by the Bristol City fans travelling home from yet another defeat. Sorry @port perran

I emailed my supplier, not Gaugemaster, yesterday and today they have said "I will get you some replacements in the post for you". Maybe they're anticipating a heavy defeat  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

pape_timmo

I'm very happy with my set, and wouldn't have know had it not been for earlier comments on here, but as a replacement is available, I'm happy and grateful to Kato for making them available and for being upfront about it.

Top marks to Kato and Gaugemaster as their distributor for doing this.

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Newportnobby

After mailing them, Rails have confirmed my replacement inner will be with me mid next week. I may as well have it as not, and full marks to Kato for dealing with this quickly.

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on July 08, 2021, 10:31:40 PM
I would never have noticed but thought I may need a spare due to potential future vandalism by the Bristol City fans travelling home from yet another defeat. Sorry @port perran

I emailed my supplier, not Gaugemaster, yesterday and today they have said "I will get you some replacements in the post for you". Maybe they're anticipating a heavy defeat  :D

Yep, looks like a heavy defeat is on the way:

I'll leave it up to the experts to tell me which coach or coaches to put them in. Either that or I'll tuck them away in the drawer for a rainy day  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

njee20

Popped into Gaugemaster earlier to collect mine, he said they have literally the exact number, so weird you're being sent spares.

That said, he said it was roughly 50% take up, with half of people just not being fussed, so there must be spares!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on July 10, 2021, 01:55:34 PM
I'll leave it up to the experts to tell me which coach or coaches to put them in.

Quote from: Ben A on May 22, 2021, 02:05:55 PM
Hello all,

Some good news re the wrongly moulded interior for the composite car, which has the 2+1 first class seating at the standard end, and the 2+2 standard seating at the first class end...

Ben says it's the composite car, but if you know which that is you're a better man than me, Gunga Din :dunce:

RailGooner

Quote from: Trainfish on July 10, 2021, 01:55:34 PM
I'll leave it up to the experts to tell me which coach or coaches to put them in. Either that or I'll tuck them away in the drawer for a rainy day  :thumbsup:

See the Kato video linked by Mike in Reply #590 on: July 06, 2021.

pape_timmo

The composite car has the short silver stripe above the windows on one end, that's the first class end. Runs behind the first class driving car with the blocked out windows (kitchen).

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Newportnobby

Quote from: pape_timmo on July 10, 2021, 11:37:11 PM
The composite car has the short silver stripe above the windows on one end, that's the first class end. Runs behind the first class driving car with the blocked out windows (kitchen).

Cheers, Timmo

And the running number 814021 :)
:thankyousign:

Trainfish

Perfect, thank you. Maybe I'll write the coach number on the underside of the new seats so they can be replaced when the Bristol City fans get off  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

2 x seating inserts received from Rails today.
There is just the one composite coach so it's really clever of Rails to know I'm a hamfisted idiot who is likely to break one in the fitting of it. :-[

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations