Forum Issues

Started by Tank, July 19, 2023, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

I'm still running Win 7 and that told me I need the XP emulator to run Pic Pub,it works so I let it run that way.
I got my first versin of pic pub back in 1992 with my first scanner, got later versions (7 & 8) free on magazine covers, version 10 became free some time after Corel bought it from Micrografx in 2001 and incorporated it into their own software.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

NGFTech

@Dorsetmike oh I thought you were on Win 10 or 11 and trying to use it that way. You are right, keep on doing it your way!

Dorsetmike

Yep, I don't get dodgy updates like Win 10 was famous for; if it ain't broke why fix it?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Ed

Just noticed that I can't reply to Wanted topics on the 'Wanted - None N Gauge Items' sub-board (not that I want to), there's no Reply button or Quick reply box.

Obviously I've more than 10 posts, so I thought I should be able to reply if I wanted to.

Ed

Newportnobby

I don't think we've ever had a 'Reply' capability but you could always leave a comment or PM the poster of the ad.

Ed

How do I leave a comment ?

Ed

Newportnobby

Go to the ad in 'Classifieds' and underneath it look for 'Add comment'

Roy L S

On a separate subject, I have just PM'd someone, selecting the recipient via "Members" but for the life of me I cannot now see where on the Homepage I go to (or click) get  access to my messages sent and received.

Am I being a "dummy" or is this a known issue?

Roy

Hiawatha

Click on My Messages next to your avatar picture in the top left corner.
Peter

Newportnobby

Very top of the page you'll see 'Forum Name' > 'Messages' > 'Alerts'
Click on 'Messages' and follow your desired option, Roy

Edit:-
Hiawatha beat me to it

Ed

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 10, 2023, 12:24:39 PMGo to the ad in 'Classifieds' and underneath it look for 'Add comment'

Looking at this there's nothing in the comments for the ad in 'Classifieds' yet there are replies.

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=62157.msg808292#new

Also I can't see how I could inform somebody I might have what they want, unless I sent a (PM) Message.

Ed

Newportnobby

Sorry, Ed, but only Mods or Admin can make replies there (not even sure why it's visible to anyone else if that's the case).
If you want to PM me feel free as I placed the ad :)

Ed

No it's fine, but does it means if I've got something that somebody posts as
 wanted, the only way I can tell them I have one is by sending a message?

Ed

Newportnobby

You could add a comment as suggested but I don't know whether the other person is notified of that. PM is probably best but maybe @Tank knows a better way

Trainfish

I don't usually post on the forum using my phone but as I am in Leamington I have added a few posts here and there. However, I have to say that posting pictures is a real ball ache. I can add pictures to my gallery easily even from the topic page but 9 times out of 10 once I've uploaded my picture to my gallery it sends me back to the topic reply box with no picture link coding. I can then go to my gallery to get the link but it's a pain. Doesn't always happen like this as sometimes the coding shows up. It may be that I've done something a little different to achieve that but I don't think so. I think I'll stick to posting pictures from my PC or laptop in future and delete all the duplicates in my gallery when I get home.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations