Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tramp

marco neri

...just today arrived..and dcc fitted immediately, as usual.
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

MinZaPint

Ordered from Osborns yesterday afternoon, on the doormat @ 10.40 this morning (along with my tax bill see rant in Angry thread) excellent service  :thumbsup:

wagons (Osborns exclusives) roughly in my area (like the colour) & a little polish on my layout will not go amiss  ;D
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

NeMo

Yesterday got a nice parcel from Grimy Times containing four locos I'd sent off a couple months back. Steve did a good job weathering an InterCity 47, a BR blue 86, and a BR maroon 'Warship'. But the real star in the box was a Class 37. Originally the green version (D6707) without yellow panels, it's been resprayed blue with yellow ends, renumbered, bufferbeam detailed at one end -- and a pleasant surprise, headcodes switched to 80s era domino markings. Looks every inch the 'Tractor' I remember from my youth.

Cheers, NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

GScaleBruce

Ow, stop it, please... here I am, trying to model DB in the late steam era, and you're showing such wonderful pictures of fabulous models of the railways I knew when I worked for BR... I can resist anything except temptation...
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Chetcombe

Quote from: NeMo on July 11, 2014, 07:07:33 PM
Yesterday got a nice parcel from Grimy Times containing four locos I'd sent off a couple months back. Steve did a good job weathering an InterCity 47, a BR blue 86, and a BR maroon 'Warship'. But the real star in the box was a Class 37. Originally the green version (D6707) without yellow panels, it's been resprayed blue with yellow ends, renumbered, bufferbeam detailed at one end -- and a pleasant surprise, headcodes switched to 80s era domino markings. Looks every inch the 'Tractor' I remember from my youth.

Cheers, NeMo

Looks particularly good with those split headcode boxes, just how I remember 'em!

I've had a Maroon Warship weathered by GrimyTimes and was very happy, didn't realize they did resprays. Must have a little think about that!
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

scottmitchell74

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

richie894

Love the Titan. That is at the top of my wish list, to pull my TPO.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NeMo

Quote from: Chetcombe on July 12, 2014, 01:19:12 AM
I've had a Maroon Warship weathered by GrimyTimes and was very happy, didn't realize they did resprays. Must have a little think about that!

I didn't know about the resprays either. I asked Steve if he knew anyone who does N-gauge resprays, he asked me what I was after, and said he'd be able to do a blue respray! Good price too: the whole lot (4 lots of weathering and detailing plus 1 respray and renumbering) for £100 including postage.

Cheers, NeMo

Bealman

Certainly a good job and good value. Dunno if I'd have the guts to do it to me new Deltic, though...  :D

scotsoft

Quote from: Bealman on July 12, 2014, 08:39:18 AM
Certainly a good job and good value. Dunno if I'd have the guts to do it to me new Deltic, though...  :D

Why don't you get your Blue Pullman done at the same time as your Deltic  >:D

cheers John.

Bealman

NeMo

Quote from: scotsoft on July 12, 2014, 08:45:16 AM
Quote from: Bealman on July 12, 2014, 08:39:18 AM
Why don't you get your Blue Pullman done at the same time as your Deltic  >:D
Hah! How cute would a resprayed Blue Pullman be in InterCity livery, or worse... Network Southeast!

Bealman -- what do you have in mind for your Deltic? Just a bit of weathering? I wonder how dirty the Deltics ever got. They always look pretty clean in the photos I've seen. Shiny even, except for the soot on the roof.

Cheers, NeMo

scotsoft

Quote from: NeMo on July 12, 2014, 09:12:54 AM
Hah! How cute would a resprayed Blue Pullman be in InterCity livery, or worse... Network Southeast!

Or even something like this  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

[smg id=13876 type=preview align=center caption="Virgin A4"]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations