what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Walters

Chase Hill is reaaching  a landmark at some pace, a couple more lengths of track and the circuit will be complete, there is however a massive obstacle

The Doorway !!

I have an idea for a lift out section, rather than a hinged, just need to get the materials
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

Caz

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Happy thread or here but as it is N gauge opted for here.

Finally got around to sorting out the old Farish Pullman rake my son brought out a couple of years ago.  It had a few broken couplers (the old u bend type) so with a bit of swapping I've now got some Dapol EasiShunt couplers at either end of the rake for shunting purposes and have also got rid of the pizza cutter wheels by using the latest Farish coach wheels. 

It has also given me an excuse to finally use my N Gauge Society Pullman livered Stove R van, yes I know it is was never a real item but it is the only place I can use it so it has become a luggage van.  All I need now is one of those Pullman Observation cars to go on the rear and then change the head code discs on my un-rebuilt Merchant Navy, Holland Afrika Line to reflect its new duties.

Still need to populate the coaches and fit tail lamps.

http://youtu.be/WxiHmTwxcbc
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

port perran

Looks great Caz. It must be so nice to have a layout big enough to get a good run with an express.
The MN looks really good at the head of that Pullman rake and the Stove R looks fine acting as a luggage van.
Lovely video - thanks for sharing.
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

daveg

I enjoyed that, Caz!

Great to see different views of the layout, too.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

paulprice

Brilliant video and what looks like a brilliant layout.

I wonder if I can justify running some of my Pullmans with a prototype Deltic on my LMS layout, I suppose RULE 1 RULES

railsquid

Adding a little slice of Martian scenery:

Meanwhile a bunch of likely-looking lads turned up claiming they'd just "come off a job and had some hot tarmac left over" and were wondering whether I'd like them to tarmac my main street, a process which evidently involves drinking copious amounts of tea.

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on October 14, 2015, 03:22:59 PM
Adding a little slice of Martian scenery:

Aha - the dreaded 'red weed' from Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds :goggleeyes:

bluedepot

despite having moved 7 months ago I haven't put the backscene back yet, so that is my task for today

Graham Walters

Quote from: railsquid on October 04, 2015, 03:42:03 AM
A pleasant Sunday morning in Tokyo was disturbed by the sound of an almighty BODGE!!1!!!! as railsquid hauled his meagre collection of long-suffering woodworking tools out from the dark place in which they habitually reside, gibbering.

You are lucky you still have some.

No2 son volunteered to do some "odd jobs" around the house "for Mum", not wishing to stand in his way I gave him the key to my man cave to use "my tools", unbeknown to me he left said tools where he had been using them, which would be fine, if that wasn't 5 weeks ago, I have just "discovered" my tool box behind the shed where it has been residing :

a). It isn't watertight at the lid

b). It is watertight at the bottom.

resulting in  :

c.) My tools resembling an "as found" display of the Titanics shipwrights tool box, I now know what colour various kinds of steel turn when submerged in water.
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

railsquid

Quote from: Graham Walters on October 18, 2015, 03:38:33 PM
Quote from: railsquid on October 04, 2015, 03:42:03 AM
A pleasant Sunday morning in Tokyo was disturbed by the sound of an almighty BODGE!!1!!!! as railsquid hauled his meagre collection of long-suffering woodworking tools out from the dark place in which they habitually reside, gibbering.

You are lucky you still have some.

No2 son volunteered to do some "odd jobs" around the house "for Mum", not wishing to stand in his way I gave him the key to my man cave to use "my tools", unbeknown to me he left said tools where he had been using them, which would be fine, if that wasn't 5 weeks ago, I have just "discovered" my tool box behind the shed where it has been residing :

a). It isn't watertight at the lid

b). It is watertight at the bottom.

resulting in  :

c.) My tools resembling an "as found" display of the Titanics shipwrights tool box, I now know what colour various kinds of steel turn when submerged in water.
Ouch.

That reminds me, I need to rearrange the squidcave home office soon, as No. 1 (and only) son is displaying an aptitude for dismantling things, and also seems very keen on this whole walking business.

LAandNQFan

Quote from: Caz on October 12, 2015, 07:36:42 PM
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Happy thread or here but as it is N gauge opted for here.

http://youtu.be/WxiHmTwxcbc

It looks and sounds great, Caz.  :admiration:  And I particularly noted the twelve-foot screws in the truck on the bridge....  ;D

I've just received a Dean Goods from Union Mills Models and it looks great.  It arrived from the Isle of Man, neatly packed with a personal letter from Colin Heard, in less than 24 hours from placing the order!   :thumbsup:
[smg id=30698 type=preview align=center caption="Dean Goods"]
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

railsquid

Caz

Modifying my sidings at Hackton to accommodate Fairford engine shed and turntable which means the stone crushing plant and associated buildings will be no more, also got to re-route the road somehow.   :worried:

To hopefully end up something like this (courtesy www.fairfordbranch.co.uk and www.fairfordbranch.weebly.com)  The point just to the right of Collett buffer beam goes to the turntable and it is so tight that engines have to almost go into the shed to clear the point!

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100%