Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

I don't know whether to put this in the Happy thread or the Unhappy one, but let's be positive and put it here.

I'm not a fan of dog shows and I don't approve of Cruft's. At. All. I find what they do to some dogs in the name of 'breed specification' utterly obscene. Happily, however, last night the Best in Show prize went to the Lagotto Romagnolo, a breed most people will never had heard of. We have two of them, and owned a third until 2018. We acquired all of them by a fortunate series of unplanned events and connections otherwise we would have had to wait months for one. They are delightful dogs and we are happy that they have been recognised at last, but we are worried that they will now become too popular and fall victim to unscrupulous breeding. It now makes ours more valuable and nickable, so we will have to be much more careful letting them off the lead. Win some, lose some. (Not literally, I hope.)

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

Many years ago I spotted my sister was chucking out a gas operated bar stool and thought it would do nicely for my railway room so took it off her hands. After all these years and inactivity owing to certain medical conditions I found it was getting very uncomfortable so took the decision to purchase a new 'throne' more conducive to my age and size of my arse (it's the one on the right, in case you were wondering)
It arrived this morning. I put it together and...............................................bliss :)
Just don't ask where the gas comes from :no: :-[

Trainfish

I've got 2 very similar in the train room/loft. I only use 1 at a time though. Honest.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Enjoying a pleasant birthday of good food and trains (more of which tomorrow).

I have been very spoilt with presents.

Not shown are some more train tokens and a driving day which means I will hopefully cross of a lifelong ambition and get to take a Ferrari for a spin at some point this year.

Skyline2uk

Graham

Very spoilt. always wanted one of those, but yet to find one.

Newportnobby

Oddly enough I saw one of these on a friend's layout last Friday. I never knew they existed in that very attractive livery but then I model transition era..................

374-168K if anyone is interested

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 28, 2023, 09:33:48 PM
Oddly enough I saw one of these on a friend's layout last Friday. I never knew they existed in that very attractive livery but then I model transition era..................

374-168K if anyone is interested

I believe this loco was seldom seen in this livery without its partner in crime 37502 in RF Red Stripe.

37502 is also available from Farish as a regional special forming part of a cunning marketing ruse by Bachmann.

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

I spoke to the car dealer yesterday and the new car is on schedule to arrive in Dublin on the 12th April, so I should be able to collect it on the 19th or thereabouts  :claphappy:.
Unfortunately (?), my first cataract operation is scheduled for the 18th, but I am having it done privately. This is not because I have won the lottery,  :no:, but because the HSE, (the equivalent of the NHS), has a fund where they will pay for some treatments to be carried out in private hospitals. I am quite pleased about that because it means the operations are being done a lot quicker, but it means I will not be able to collect the new car for a few days afterwards.  :(. Still, it does mean I should be able to see where I am going!  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Good news about the car and your op. I had my hip replaced on the NHS but at a private hospital and things were far better from what I hear :)

Bealman

A double win! Good luck with the operation, David.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

@dannyboy will the cataract op affect your ability to type groaners? I have this horrible feeling it may mean you will be able to type more  :*(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Waits for the "I can't see why" response.............

Trainfish

Well he has made a spectacle of himself with those.
John

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on April 08, 2023, 01:48:59 AM
will the cataract op affect your ability to type groaners? I have this horrible feeling it may mean you will be able to type more  :*(

S'okay John, As far as I know, they are leaving my fingers alone. Of course, with new eyes, (well, lenses), I should be able to see the keyboard better, so who knows what I will be capable of.............  ;D :P
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations