Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 22, 2022, 08:35:20 AM
@Graham
You'll be fine as I've decided it's a trip too far for this old bag of bones :)

Not going to TINGS?  :o

I only booked (expensive) accommodation last night so I'm going. There's also Leamington food festival on that weekend  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Graham

Quote from: paulbeckwith on August 22, 2022, 08:45:45 AM

graham             that's  going  to  be  a  bloody  long  drive  from  Melbourne  ?????????

paul
Luckily for me it is part of a work trip which just happens to coincide with a weekend in Bedford with family. So not too far to drive, As George @Bealman stated once before in Aus we tend to think of a 3-4hr trip as others would think of a trip to the local shops.

Papyrus

Just spotted, tucked away in the financial pages of Saturday's paper, that my energy company is doubling their feed-in tariff for my solar panels to 15p per Kwh! Happy days!  :D

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

Always nice to get a bit of good news, especially if it puts a few pennies in your pocket.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

TrevL

Quote from: Papyrus on September 19, 2022, 08:00:05 PM
Just spotted, tucked away in the financial pages of Saturday's paper, that my energy company is doubling their feed-in tariff for my solar panels to 15p per Kwh! Happy days!  :D

Cheers,

Chris

I hope EDF do the same.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

paulbeckwith

i  dont  understand  my  electric  going  up  edf  make  their  own ....  generate  their  own  here  in  uk  ...  suffolk     they  dont  buy  in   wholesale   

gas  yes   leccy  no

paul

Malc

Offgen base the price cap on the most expensive supplier still making a profit. At the moment using gas to generate electricity is costly, so they put the rate up. If you don't use gas, you still charge the same price but make much more profit. If they made the suppliers charge what it cost them to generate, plus a bit of profit, we'd be quids in, especially those companies on wave, hydro, solar or wind power.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Quote from: Malc on September 26, 2022, 04:45:10 PM
If they made the suppliers charge what it cost them to generate, plus a bit of profit, we'd be quids in,

Brilliant suggestion - sadly, something like that is never going to happen.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

At last. After some 20 weeks completion was made on the sale of Mother's property so just the residual mails, letters etc. from all the parasites to contend with/dispute where necessary. The entire process has been exhausting and, of course, any relief is tempered by what occurred to put us in this situation. Naturally, it will be great to have no money worries for the rest of the years I have on this planet but I'd much rather struggle and still have Mother

Calnefoxile

I'm with you there Mick, my Angry Thread entry has now also been upgraded to the Happy Thread as I had a call from my Solicitor yesterday confirming the Completion Date for the sale of my Parents house for next Thursday, which means by next Friday I shall also be Mortgage free and debt free, well until all my pre-orders roll in and the credit cards get hammered again :doh: :doh:

I am so looking forward to ringing my Mortgage Company and paying my mortgage off, ok it's only 4 years early, but still rather the money in my pocket than theirs.

Regards

Neal.

Newportnobby

That's great news, Neal. Spend your inheritance wisely. In other words, exactly how you plan to :D

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 07, 2022, 12:03:41 PM
That's great news, Neal. Spend your inheritance wisely. In other words, exactly how you plan to :D

Me spend it!!!

You've got to be kidding!!

After the Mortgage, Car loan & Credit Cards are all paid off, SWMBO has already got her claws into most of it for a new Kitchen & Bathroom, Heating, Solar Panels, decorating etc. Don't think they'll be much left for 'me' to spend  :D :D

Oooppss there I go, back to the Angry Thread again  :P :P

Regards

Neal.

Papyrus

Cheers,

Chris

More good news from Smug Central. Unlike practically everyone else in the country, my energy company has reduced my monthly direct debit from £126 to £59! Boy, did I get solar panels installed at the right time.

Cheers,

Chris

woodbury22uk

With my 2 year dual fuel deal running for 12 months more, my debit drops to £14.19 this month. I have been building up a credit cushion too now there is only me at home. My consumption is down 25%.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Newportnobby

Quote from: Papyrus on October 09, 2022, 09:28:23 AM

Cheers,

Chris

More good news from Smug Central. Unlike practically everyone else in the country, my energy company has reduced my monthly direct debit from £126 to £59! Boy, did I get solar panels installed at the right time.

Cheers,

Chris

If I recall correctly everyone got a £400 reduction on their bills, and energy suppliers have split that over 6 months (Oct - Mar) hence the £67 a month reduction.
It's what then happens which is a concern :uneasy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations