Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

True, Joe, but going by the pic 27½ bottles have already been consumed - hence my comment :D

Papyrus

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

"... and don't call me Shirley... "

Cheers,

Chris

guest311

looks like you picked a heck of a day to quit sloe gin  :smiley-laughing:

JBQFC

I just got a £370.40 tax rebate that's my dapol class 50 and two 142 paid for  :claphappy:

John

emjaybee

Quote from: JBQFC on October 08, 2021, 12:23:02 PM
I just got a £370.40 tax rebate that's my dapol class 50 and two 142 paid for  :claphappy:

John

:jawdropping:

You must tell us how to do that.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

as per a previous post of mine re transfering 10% of SWMBO's tax allowance when unused,

I found the magic phrase to be ...

"as you say you record all calls, this was made xx/xx/xx at approx xx:xx. please check you recording to see that I am correct in what I am saying"

works wonders  >:D

Trainfish

Last post in this thread was a month ago and then it was surprisingly from Alan @class37025 who normally lives in the angry and unhappy threads (and sometimes ends up on the naughty step too).

Anyway, I'm happy because despite the hundreds of pounds I have recently given to the person mentioned above I have today paid off all but £100 of my mortgage as a sort of early Christmas present from my wife and I to myself and my wife  :claphappy:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daffy

Congratulations, John. :thumbsup:

It's a great feeling when you know you can finally apply for full equity release. ;) :D  :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on November 08, 2021, 07:34:27 AM

It's a great feeling when you know you can finally apply for full equity release. ;) :D  :D

John's wife has already done that but he's not aware of it yet so don't tell him.

Trainfish

Quote from: daffy on November 08, 2021, 07:34:27 AM

Trust me, I've already looked into it. We've worked hard to get to this point and we don't want to leave anything to anyone. I have no kids that I know of whilst we only ever hear from hers when they want money. Sod 'em all, when the time is right we will definitely go for equity release. I looked at it last year but as I'm so young (their words, not mine) they wouldn't offer very much so I need to be a lot older, like Mick @Newportnobby I suppose to make it worthwhile. Zoopla reckons the house is worth between £307k and £340k so I'd take £300k tomorrow :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

Our cat (missing for 3 weeks) is back  :bounce: so all is well and we are all very happy.

I am somewhat annoyed with the local estate agents though - when he went missing, we asked them to check next-door but one, as they'd shown someone around during the weekend that he went missing and the house was otherwise closed up and unoccupied.

They were very good in the house, checking under beds, behind settees and in cupboards, in case he was scared and hiding, but they did not check the garage, as the potential buyers had only looked in through the window and had not opened the door. Today a surveyor spotted movement in the garage and when I phoned the estate agents about keys to get in and check, a different person admitted that they knew there was a hole in the roof - and if they'd told us that when they came weeks ago, we'd have insisted on checking the garage then.

They also could not locate any keys and were anxious when I said that I was going to smash the window to gain access, saying that the owner may require me to pay to replace it. If they try, I'll hit them for the vet's fees for checking him out and point out that the owner's failure to maintain the roof has lead to a risk for any animal in the area and the estate agent's failure to mention the hole put our cat at serious risk of death and greatly upset our household!

Luckily, we have had a lot of rain, so he has had water, although no food. He is vey thin and the vet is seeing him tomorrow, as the body feeding itself by absorbing muscle (he is much weaker) may have lead to toxins that need to be dealt with.

dannyboy

I am glad you have the cat back Steve and hopefully, he will soon recover from the ordeal.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on November 09, 2021, 01:09:38 AM
We've worked hard to get to this point and we don't want to leave anything to anyone. I have no kids that I know of whilst we only ever hear from hers when they want money.

Now why does that ring a bell? Oh yes, my nieces and nephew. I'm changing my will in the near future. :veryangry:

@stevewalker

That's excellent news and I hope your cat is soon feeling better. I'm sure he/she is being loved up a lot at present :)

Malc

When our cat went walkabout he returned covered in clean motor oil. No idea where he went but as it was a mineral oil we needed to get it off before he started grooming. Straight into the sink and a shampoo with vosine. He put up a mighty struggle but in the end we got it off.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest311

settle down, it's not a glitch, I meant to end up here  :D

went down to Tesco today, and on the way out there were a lady and gentleman with a Royal British Legion stall ....

and they could take card payments  :hmmm:

so told them how much to take, didn't need poppies as both SWMBO and I have various enameled ones, so just touched the card and payment made.

it is so nice to see them back.

memo to self, must check and clean stable belt and beret, but cheating a bit as my cap badge is staybrite
  :-[

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations