Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

don't think that counts

think you have to be on other credits to get TV licence, though if you are blind I gather you do get it free.

typical, eh?

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 08, 2021, 04:46:31 PM
I've been getting heating allowance since I turned 65.

Is that the one paid during the winter - about £200? If so, I get that too, cos' I am a UK pensioner as well.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on July 08, 2021, 06:18:29 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 08, 2021, 04:46:31 PM
I've been getting heating allowance since I turned 65.

Is that the one paid during the winter - about £200? If so, I get that too, cos' I am a UK pensioner as well.  :thumbsup:

That's the one. Now how do I get an Irish electrical allowance, please? ;)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 08, 2021, 08:51:55 PM
Now how do I get an Irish electrical allowance, please? ;)

All you have to do Mick is come and live over here, you don't even need to be in receipt of the Irish pension.  :)

Incidentally, I checked earlier, the electricity allowance is €35 per month. That with the €13.33 TV licence fee means I am now €48.33 a month better off - just for being 70!  :)
David.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on July 08, 2021, 09:02:35 PM

All you have to do Mick is come and live over here, you don't even need to be in receipt of the Irish pension.  :)

Incidentally, I checked earlier, the electricity allowance is €35 per month. That with the €13.33 TV licence fee means I am now €48.33 a month better off - just for being 70!  :)

I don't have a passport, David. When I took early retirement I swore to myself I wouldn't travel abroad unless I could afford 1st class. Then I decided I'd rather spend my dosh on N gauge.
Yeah - there has to be some benefit(s) to getting old, hasn't there? :)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 08, 2021, 09:08:50 PM
there has to be some benefit(s) to getting old, hasn't there? :)

'Ang on a mo' -I never said I was getting old, just that I am old enough to reap the benefits of being ... err ... older.  ;D
David.

Trainfish

I don't have a passport, David.

Don't you qualify by just being a 'Mick' ?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

You'll need a very long extension lead!

stevewalker

I don't have a passport, David. When I took early retirement I swore to myself I wouldn't travel abroad unless I could afford 1st class. Then I decided I'd rather spend my dosh on N gauge.
Yeah - there has to be some benefit(s) to getting old, hasn't there? :)

You don't actually need a passport to travel between the UK and Ireland - unless you fly ... then you need it (or other suitable id) for the airlines and security.

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on July 07, 2021, 03:00:52 PM
Had enough of paperwork in previous jobs which is why I'm looking at going back on the tools. There will still be paperwork but not as much as I'm used to. Interview tomorrow in Coventry of all places  :goggleeyes: :thumbsup:

No need to ask for feedback for this job as they have called this morning (20 hours after my interview finished) and offered me the job  :thumbsup: Maybe a trip to Coventry isn't so bad after all.

I will accept the position of course so look out if you live in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire (inc IOW), Surrey, E & W Sussex and Kent, I'll be heading your way soon  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Yet_Another

Congratulations. Having to find a new job is not the most pleasant experience.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Trainfish

Thanks Tony. If you're seriously looking for a work (like I was) it can be a full time job in itself. Apart from posting on here of course  :doh:
John

<*))))><

guest311

" I'll be heading your way soon "

BOLO issued  :smiley-laughing:

emjaybee

Nice one! Congratulations!

What exactly is the job?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

Maintenance (70% electrical) of camp sites  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations