Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Now that definitely sounds like my sort of excursion!  :thumbsup:

Looks like you had a great time  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RailGooner

Hope I'm not jinxing myself here but, Friday I had a 1st interview for a new role and I've just been invited to 2nd interview. It'd be a great role for me - plays to my strengths, good money, commutable on foot - so I'm cautiously excited.
:beers:

Trainfish

Has Arteta left then? Joking aside, good luck fella. It's not easy finding something at the moment. Trust me, I know this from pretty much a year out of work.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

Thanks John! I have on a few previous occassions written to the Arsenal board offering my services, but alas...  :D

Trainfish

I applied to Tottenham in 1994 as below:

And I got a reply too  :thumbsup:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

:laughabovepost: That really is fantastic. It's clear from his reply that your letter was actually read by Baron Sugar. I always got stock replies to mine.

Trainfish

I have aways respected the man since I received that reply. As you say, not a stock response as he refers to a couple of points I made  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Foxhound

Quote from: class37025 on June 18, 2021, 05:10:18 PM
much talking, reading, and reviewing the informed comments from those on here with actual experience, and SWMBO has decided to go down the CT scan every 3 months, and trusting that if anything shows up, the docs will leap into action with a plan.

:thankyousign: to all of you who have taken the, no doubt sometimes difficult decision, to pass on your experiences / views.

this has helped so much with her / our decision.

so now, looks like a 3 monthly snap, and hopefully an 'all ok so far' each time.

:thankyousign:

Been out of the loop for a week or so but wanted to add my congratulations on what appears to be a good result for SWMBO. From what the reg says it sounds very positive - it's the field I work in -  although I'm predominantly Haematological cancer over 'lumps', over 30% of my time is working in Oncology. If they think they have taken sufficient margins then that's very positive news. The advice to avoid chemo due to history and also given the prevalence of opportunistic infections in the community at the moment, is also sensible. They an asways modify if the CT scan suggests they need to.
Really happy for you both at this point in time. Chin up!
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

emjaybee

I don't know what's been going on of late, but there hasn't been a post in this thread for a little while.

So, I sat my first exam in 25+ years today.

In exam terms it was short and multiple choice, but I now have a A2Cof C certificate. This is a Class A2 Unmanned Aircraft Certificate of Competence certificate. It's the first step in a new direction for my own company. Much as I enjoy property maintenance, it takes its's toll on my joints, back and general health. The plan is to start commercial operations in aerial photography, videography, orthomosaic photos, 3D mapping, building and roof inspections and some other aspects. I'm still very much at the start of the process, but I've taken the first step. GVC certificate is next, and that's a big step up.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

Best of luck with your endeavour! :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

I thought someone might go there, and I kinda figured it'd be you.

:P

Brookline build thread:

Trainfish

Could be a lot of overheads involved though  :doh:
John

<*))))><

emjaybee

Quote from: Trainfish on July 07, 2021, 02:23:51 PM
Could be a lot of overheads involved though  :doh:

I know you're joking, but you're also right. And paperwork!
Brookline build thread:

Trainfish

Had enough of paperwork in previous jobs which is why I'm looking at going back on the tools. There will still be paperwork but not as much as I'm used to. Interview tomorrow in Coventry of all places  :goggleeyes: :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations