Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I think all you can do is assume that the doc knows what he is talking about.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Sounds like reasonably good news on balance Alan, as Malc says, we have to assume that Doctors know what they are talking about. Personally, I would go for the CT scans knowing what my sister was like with the chemo', but whatever you decide, I wish you both well. (Hope you enjoyed the Scottish water  :beers:).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

thank you for your comments and good wishes.
@dannyboy, yes I did inbibe a couple of glasses of hunchback  :beers:

I think we are pretty well ready to go with the CT scans each 3 months, the POSSIBLE side effects of the chemo are what the registrar was concerned about, apparently reduced resistance ti infections is one of them.

in the meantime it's my goal to get SWMBO fitter, so as I walk HB, I'm thinking of her with a 50kg backpack running along beside us .......

yeah right  :'(

The Q

Malc

I think you made the right decision Alan. I am on low dose chemo for my leukaemia and I have been advised to stay out of the sun because it can cause skin cancer. In addition it knocks your immune system about so I am more susceptible to problems with colds etc. I am advised to stay away from crowds. I must be the only person who has not minded self isolation.

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

much talking, reading, and reviewing the informed comments from those on here with actual experience, and SWMBO has decided to go down the CT scan every 3 months, and trusting that if anything shows up, the docs will leap into action with a plan.

:thankyousign: to all of you who have taken the, no doubt sometimes difficult decision, to pass on your experiences / views.

this has helped so much with her / our decision.

so now, looks like a 3 monthly snap, and hopefully an 'all ok so far' each time.

:thankyousign:

Trainfish

Going to Weymouth for a couple of days next week and have arranged to meet our very own Mr @Phoenix and see for real his amazing Christmas Cracker layout including a mini me dressed as Santa Barbara and then no doubt enjoy a 'couple' of beers together.
Then on Saturday we're going to Middlewick House to see Mr Nick Mason CBE's amazing collection of cars (and the gardens for Mrs Trainfish) and with a bit/lot of luck maybe get to meet the incredible Mr Mason himself. Will I be the only one wearing a Pink Floyd T-shirt I wonder? Probably not  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: class37025 on June 18, 2021, 05:10:18 PM

so now, looks like a 3 monthly snap, and hopefully an 'all ok so far' each time.

I think you have made the right decision between you.  I really hope that things turn out okay. I can't pray for you as I don't believe in things like that but I have everything crossed. :thumbsup:
David.

Malc

Quote from: dannyboy on June 19, 2021, 04:16:44 PM
Quote from: class37025 on June 18, 2021, 05:10:18 PM

I think you have made the right decision between you.  I really hope that things turn out okay. I can't pray for you as I don't believe in things like that but I have everything crossed. :thumbsup:
Curious, you don't believe in prayer but you cross your fingers for luck.

dannyboy

Quote from: Malc on June 21, 2021, 10:30:29 AM

Curious, you don't believe in prayer but you cross your fingers for luck.

I can be an agnostic atheist and be superstitious. Having "everything crossed" was basically just a figure of speech, although I can be the opposite of superstitious - if I see a ladder, I will walk under it, (having looked up first!  ;)).  But, I hope that things turn out well for Mr and Mrs @class37025  :).
David.

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on June 16, 2021, 03:55:27 AM
Just found out I am eligible to apply for a jab at the central mass vaccination centre being run by the Japanese Self-Defence Force as they are flogging off surplus capacity to the quickest applicants. If I am reading the signs correctly that puts me with a fair chance of getting it by the end of the month, otherwise I'd have to wait until my age group comes into the local area's rotation, which won't be until late summer at the earliest.

Well, seems 50,000 other people were quicker, anyway I speculatively tried using the credentials I was sent with the local authority's reservation system and after a few days it let me in, and today it started showing available reservation dates, so I now have a booking for the start of August, which is a month earlier than the earliest date I was anticipating :D

Bealman

Good news, Ian. Mrs Bealman just had her's half an hour ago, and  mine's 10 days without any ill effects.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on June 19, 2021, 01:50:06 PM
Going to Weymouth for a couple of days next week and have arranged to meet our very own Mr @Phoenix and see for real his amazing Christmas Cracker layout including a mini me dressed as Santa Barbara and then no doubt enjoy a 'couple' of beers together.
Then on Saturday we're going to Middlewick House to see Mr Nick Mason CBE's amazing collection of cars (and the gardens for Mrs Trainfish) and with a bit/lot of luck maybe get to meet the incredible Mr Mason himself. Will I be the only one wearing a Pink Floyd T-shirt I wonder? Probably not  :P

Part 1 complete. We have just had a fantastic couple of nights in Weymouth with probably the best weather they have had for a couple of weeks. We also met Kev @Phoenix and enjoyed a few beers together whilst also admiring The Christmas Cracker first hand. I have to say that the pictures on here just don't do this layout justice. Nobody's fault but as with most layouts they really do look better in the flesh.

Here's the layout in the Sailors Return where we had a few pints of Tribute before moving on to the Doghouse for a few more beers  :beers:

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations