Quote from: Dorsetmike on April 23, 2021, 05:45:36 PM
Get a USB socket installed, you could then recharge from your PC

That could prove risky if you get a DNS message while plugged in :o
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Trainfish

I'd be more worried about a DNR message  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Graham

had my first Covid jab yesterday, no effects, just happy to have received it. Went to our local GP, he had one left which he would have had to throw out as it was the end of the day and no more patients scheduled, so even though I didn't qualify under the current rules he gave it to me anyway. :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

dannyboy

I had my first Covid jab on Thursday morning. I had to go to a vaccination centre in another county, about 30 miles from home, but no problem, it was a ride out and I had an excuse to look in the shops that were open. I was fine until the evening, then it hit me  :o, I felt so ill, almost as though I had an extremely severe case of flu. I hardly slept Thursday night and was sweating a lot. I felt a bit better when I got up Friday morning and, having taken Louisa to work, decided I would go do the weekly shopping as normal. It was whilst walking from one shop to another that it suddenly dawned on me - I felt fine! My symptoms had disappeared as quickly as they had arrived!  Strange thing the human body. :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

SWMBO and I get our second jabs next wednesday. we should then, hopefully be protected after a couple of weeks.
tele consult with Guys on monday re her surgery, so all coming together, fingers crossed.

Malc

Funnily enough, the first jab was OK, the second was OK until the day after. Felt cold all day, then warm in the evening. Fine the next day. Maybe having had Covid caused the reaction. SWIMBO was fine.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Papyrus

'Er indoors and I had our second jabs yesterday. As usual, I had no after-effects at all but Blanche has a sore arm and is feeling a bit feverish, but not so badly as last time.

Not as good as blood donors though. You don't even get a plaster, let alone a cup of tea...

Cheers,

Chris

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: Papyrus on April 24, 2021, 03:11:53 PM
....You don't even get a plaster, let alone a cup of tea...

Cheers,

Chris

I got a sticker to wear  :)

Foxhound

'Er indoors and I had our second jabs yesterday. As usual, I had no after-effects at all but Blanche has a sore arm and is feeling a bit feverish, but not so badly as last time.

Not as good as blood donors though. You don't even get a plaster, let alone a cup of tea...

Cheers,

Chris

Don't get cups of tea for blood now either, or at least not at mine. Water or squash now, as you're to recover in the chair due to Covid.
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Fardap

Quote from: Foxhound on April 26, 2021, 12:46:26 PM

Cheers,

Chris

Don't get cups of tea for blood now either, or at least not at mine. Water or squash now, as you're to recover in the chair due to Covid.

Dad always got a can of Mackesons... times change!

guest311

IIRC when I was at RAF Hospital Cosford back in the late 60's, as we were on a surgical ward we got a bottle of stout each evening, can't remember what it was though, but in my defence it was 50 odd years ago  :-[

dannyboy

Well I was sat here, having just finished my tea, thinking that I would have a quick bath before the Zoom meeting, when I heard what appeared to be a chainsaw. It was a chainsaw, in the hands of Gerry, the farmer who owns the land surrounding my house. Now Gerry had mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he would get some of the trees that had grown up, at the rear of the house, in the 22 years we have lived here, cut down. He has had some heavy work done on his land with a bloke and a JCB. Next thing I know, the JCB is on the scene. Flippin' 'eck they are a powerful machine  :goggleeyes:. I have never been close up to one whilst it has been working but Noel, the JCB driver, certainly knows how to use it. There is an area about 15 feet by 40 feet that is just trees and undergrowth - not any more! They are coming back tomorrow to 'clean up'. I took a couple of photographs so I will let you see the 'before' and 'after' in a day or two. Hopefully the sun will now shine where the sun don't normally shine - the rear of my house.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on April 27, 2021, 09:05:53 PM
Hopefully the sun will now shine where the sun don't normally shine - the rear of my house.  :)

I did wonder where that was going :worried: :sweat:

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

guest311

just back from Haywards Heath after our second covid jab, now got our barcode and been released back into the wild  :hmmm:

wonder if that will let me into the pub  >:D

as previously, a very smooth, well organised operation, and a big  :thankyousign: to all the volunteers who are giving up their time to run these clinics.

now off to sanitise, internally, while SWMBO has a nap  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations