Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: port perran on March 06, 2021, 02:15:36 PM
Quote from: TrevL on March 06, 2021, 01:38:08 PM
Thanks, Nope, new to me.  Only ever been to Scotland once, (only just) and that was Gretna Green Sunday Market years ago.
That's a long way to go just for a market.

I reckon @TrevL isn't telling us everything and he sneaked up there to get wed  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

TrevL

Quote from: port perran on March 06, 2021, 02:15:36 PM
Quote from: TrevL on March 06, 2021, 01:38:08 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 06, 2021, 01:29:34 PM
That's Wemyss Bay of course. I thought everyone knew that  :hmmm:

Thanks, Nope, new to me.  Only ever been to Scotland once, (only just) and that was Gretna Green Sunday Market years ago.
That's a long way to go just for a market.

I was holidaying in Cumbia (Maryport) at the time, so not so far.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

javlinfaw7

I used to get the steamer from Wemyss Bay to Bute  there as a kid. It was featured on the first episode  of Architecture  the railways built  series 2 on Yesterday   and it is still available on UKTV play.

Malc

Yes, I saw that program, not bad. The presenter is a bit naff in my opinion, but overall the program is very watchable.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Graham

My wife bought me this a couple of years ago for Christmas, and it is an enjoyable read.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on March 06, 2021, 02:58:31 PM
It was featured on the first episode  of Architecture  the railways built  series 2 on Yesterday   and it is still available on UKTV play.

This is a great programme, I like Tim Dunn if only for his enthusiasm. It's one of a short list of Railway Programmes that SWMBO will actually sit down and watch with me.

One of the the later episodes was at Barrow Hill and to see Tim Dunn getting enthused over turning an 03 on the Turntable was quite funny actually.

Cheers

Neal.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Bumper bundle of reading came through the letter box yesterday with issue 25 of NGaugeNow! along with a back issue from 2005 of Steam World containing an article about cross country routes through Oxford. The Oxford article was, as many, all too short and pic heavy but did provide some interesting info, not least the routing to Oxford of two fish trains, thus justifying my rake of Dapol blue star fish vans as a definite :)

Malc

You are very brave, Mick. We leave post for 3 days before opening it. Just long enough for any COVID-19 to die away.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on March 09, 2021, 02:52:27 PM
You are very brave, Mick. We leave post for 3 days before opening it. Just long enough for any COVID-19 to die away.

Always wash my hands after opening post with anti-septic gel (just love the smell of the stuff, too)

crewearpley40

I'm glad you received those magazines mick. Happy reading when there is nothing nowt on tv

JBQFC

got my 10 years service award at work today plus £150  :claphappy:

John

dannyboy

Congratulations that man.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Fardap

Quote from: JBQFC on March 10, 2021, 08:23:22 PM
got my 10 years service award at work today plus £150  :claphappy:

John

I got a 30 year award in November 2020 - Mont Blanc Fountain pen (you get to choose a gift) I was then made redundant 11th Dec 2020... they could have saved themselves a few hundred quid if the departments talked to each other...  :laugh3:

Fardap

On a happy note I got my vaccine jab yesterday, so far a slightly bruised feeling arm but nothing more from it. Have had some friends who had a really bad 24hr reaction then were fine, they had both had Covid last April though.

I am in the wasn't sure I hadn't had a mild dose of it - as we all worked together in the theatre when they got it - but then post show I usually get something once the adrenaline stops!

If you haven't got it yet please do, was 6 mins booked in, jabbed, out, didn't feel a thing... or as Carry on might say, just felt a little prick, but in all honesty didn't even notice it.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations