Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I think the secret is not to look.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

But if you're not looking...................................(posted before but it seems apt now too)

stevewalker

I've never had any problem with blood tests or vaccinations and I've never been asked to wait afterwards, except for the flu jab. I can even look once the needle is in, but don't like seeing it go in (even into someone else).

The only injections I have struggled with, have been due to the pain of the injection - a little with dental anaesthetics, a little more with steroid injections directly into the knee joint and a lot with anaesthetic injections to either side of both big toes ... two injections on both big toes, once a week, for months (having ingrowing toenails dealt with), which had me up, out of the chair, supported only on my hands on the armrests, with sweat pouring off me. It didn't help when she looked under my foot and said, "I just have to check, sometimes it comes right through."

Trainfish

I've never been a fan of people sticking sharp objects into my body but to be fair when the Scottish navy girl did my Covid jab I had to ask her if she really had done it as I hadn't felt a thing! Not like back in 1995 when I had several jabs in a place which would make anybody's eyes water  :'(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

Posting here as apparently we don't have a "I'm so smugly happy it hurts" thread.

As I have sandwiches for lunch most days, a packet of crisps usually features in the days nutrition. They're usually Walkers, from a supermarket bought multi-pack.

It's that deflated feeling you get when you're in a van for lunch, miles from home, you get to the crisps and the bags not sealed properly so the crisps are inedible. It's not just the fact that you were looking forward to them, but also that you're now going to be down on your intake so you'll be hungry by late afternoon.

Two weeks ago, three out of four days this happened. Not a happy bunny! So one evening I fired off a polite email to Walkers with my best grump on, explaing how normally we'd just take them back to the store on the next visit and they'd sort it, but what do they suggest we do in the current circumstances.

I got a reply the following day requesting the batch codes, best before info etc. I duly attached pics and sent it on it's way.

Walkers: "We'll send you some vouchers to exchange in store".

Me: "How? We're still isolating due to my wife's health issues."

Walkers: "Okay, we'll send you a postal order."

Me: "Seriously? This is like Customer Services from 1972. What are we supposed to do with a postal order?"

Walkers: "You cash it at a Post Office."

Me: "We, along with the other 4 million people who have been likewise instructed, are isolating and haven't been near a shop, post office or anything similar for nearly 12 months. Are you seriously suggesting that despite being part of Pepsico, and paying tens of thousands of pounds to the multi millionaire Gary Lineker to eat crisps the best you can come up with is a postal order? In the current climate you do realise that you're unintentionally discriminating against 4 million people who are isolating? Right now I'd just be happy for someone to use their initiative, buy three bags of crisps and pop them in the post."

Walkers: "We'll send you a box of crisps."

Arrived today...

Can't fault their customer services department for upping their game.

Crisps anyone?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

joe cassidy

I hope you like tomato ketchup flavour ?

emjaybee

Quote from: joe cassidy on February 27, 2021, 06:17:14 PM

Oh yes! They're the yummiest!

:food:
Brookline build thread:

Snowwolflair

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

dannyboy

Quote from: emjaybee on February 27, 2021, 06:22:29 PM
Quote from: joe cassidy on February 27, 2021, 06:17:14 PM

Oh yes! They're the yummiest!

I wouldn't know - never seen that flavour in our part of the world.
:no:. I appreciate the offer Mike, but by the time they got here, the contents would have been converted to crumbs and would probably be out of date anyway. ;)

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

I hope you've checked the best before date @emjaybee
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

Quote from: Trainfish on February 27, 2021, 07:25:31 PM
I hope you've checked the best before date @emjaybee

15th May 2021. They ain't gonna last THAT long, I assure you.

:D
Brookline build thread:

RailGooner

Quote from: emjaybee on February 27, 2021, 05:49:26 PM
Arrived today...

Crisps anyone?

Great win Michael!

Newportnobby

You are to be congratulated on your tough negotiating although they were eejits to make such stupid offers in the first place.

emjaybee

Quote from: RailGooner on February 27, 2021, 09:02:03 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on February 27, 2021, 05:49:26 PM
Arrived today...

Crisps anyone?

Great win Michael!

Well, the Euromillions it ain't, but it cheered me up.

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 27, 2021, 09:31:10 PM
You are to be congratulated on your tough negotiating although they were eejits to make such stupid offers in the first place.

I was just kinda staggered that considering all the advice has been "as far as possible stay home", for a year now that a company of that size had not made any progress on a system to deal with this scenario. I reckon we get a failure rate of about 1 in 40 on multi pack crisps. We can't surely be the only people in the last year to encounter this, can we?
Brookline build thread:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77