Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Quote from: RailGooner on February 25, 2021, 05:16:44 PM
No matter which vaccine one has, the official advice is to wait ~15 minutes before departing the vaccination hub.

Just for clarity I would say that in my case the venue had no facilities for post-jab waiting, and it was the Senior Nurse who vaccinated me who gave me the advices and showed me the way out.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

RailGooner

Quote from: daffy on February 25, 2021, 10:50:35 PM
Quote from: RailGooner on February 25, 2021, 05:16:44 PM
No matter which vaccine one has, the official advice is to wait ~15 minutes before departing the vaccination hub.

Just for clarity I would say that in my case the venue had no facilities for post-jab waiting, and it was the Senior Nurse who vaccinated me who gave me the advices and showed me the way out.

Bit similar to my own experience Mike. The vaccinating Nurse advised me to wait ~15 minutes before leaving, but, there wasn't anywhere to wait. Next stop was booking jab #2, where I was asked if I'd driven myself there - most had, we'd been told to - and so was advised to sit in the car for ~15 minutes before driving. My discipline probably slipped after 5 minutes. :-[

daffy

I was tempted to just drive home straightaway - it was a very cold day for wandering about - and had no side effects until much later that evening.

And if I was one of the poor NHS souls who had to put up with all those senior citizens milling about a crowded community hall with all their potential infection risk, I think I'd be hoping they all left a.s.a.p. after being stabbed in the arm! :D

But I have to say that that same bunch of NHS (and allied) staff who are manning these venues across the UK are doing a brilliant job, and to get so many vaccinated with Jab Numero Uno in such a short time frame is both remarkable and highly praiseworthy. Bless 'em all. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

javlinfaw7

Had my first in Louisa Jordan Hospital  in Glasgow (same halls as Model Rail Scotland) 
Arrived 5 minutes  before the appointment had a fairly long walk to the opposite  end of  the building then a long walk back to the point the vaccinations were given. The whole process was supervised from end to end by NHS  and Security  staff ,no waiting  for jab  almost a shuttle and when done sent to a seating area again  supervised with social distancing ,sanitizers  and antiviral wipes to clean your seat before you left by a seperate route,
Well organised and support was available to those with mobility issues .

Newportnobby

At one point when we were waiting outside to go in and sign up I did turn to the woman behind me and said "People are going in but I've not seen anyone come out. Are you sure we're not in the euthanasia queue?"
Her laugh was of the very nervous kind, I thought :)

JBQFC

finally coming to fit out new windows next week should of been December but delays getting parts due to lock down 

John

guest311

fingers crossed for good weather for you  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

@class37025 Have you been helping @Trainfish with his cans Alan?  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

Just been back tracking through the thread and do see one that has apparently had a comment removed - I see where you are coming from now. Maybe my post was not appropriate in the circumstances - sorry. I do not know how the system works when a post is 'reported' but might it be a good idea if the Moderator(s) PM'd the 'offender' - just a thought.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Quote from: dannyboy on February 26, 2021, 07:06:58 PM
@class37025 Have you been helping @Trainfish with his cans Alan?  ???

He'll have to fight me for them!  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Quote from: class37025 on February 26, 2021, 07:14:08 PM
no, thought I may have imbibed a few of my own.

just wondering when the post awaiting review by a mod might actually be viewed.

the mods, in my view, usually do a great job, if unappreciated by most members, but this seems to be dragging on.

if I am being charged with something, surely I have the right to reply, or apologise.

neither seems to be an option at the moment.

- a post was removed from public view which contains an off-colour, potentially insensitive "joke"
- multiple posts demanding a response have also been hidden, as not relevant to this thread
- there is no 24/7 mod team available to provide instant responses to your complaints
- a PM has now been sent

Thank you for your understanding.

NinOz

Quote from: lil chris on February 25, 2021, 10:10:54 PM
The fifthteen min wait is for in case you have a reaction I have been informed by a ex nurse. If you are going to have one its usually within a few mins.
When I get my yearly flu jab I have to sit about for 15minutes or so.  At work the nurse assisting the jabbing doc used to give each person a lolly-pop to suck while they waited.

Was told by medico that the wait time was because some people have a strong reaction to the needle not the contents.  A stress reaction where the blood pressure drops and so does the person.

A work college went to give blood at the vampire bus in the parking lot.  Suffered a severe shock reaction during draining and had an ambulance trip and an overnight hospital stay, not allowed to donate anymore.  Strange, he was a very fit chap and did all sorts of dangerous stuff on his mountain bike.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Bealman

Yes, some folk will pass out at the thought of or sight of a needle, even strapping young league players.

I have a condition called haemachromatosis, and have to have regular blood dumps to manage it. I've been having them for ten years, but I still don't look!!

Being the happy thread, I'm happy to report that this nasty inconvenience works. My Iron and liver figures are fine.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

Being diabetic, I have a 6 monthly blood test. They used to ask me to wait, but don't bother now.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

JBQFC

Quote from: NinOz on February 27, 2021, 06:31:23 AM
Quote from: lil chris on February 25, 2021, 10:10:54 PM
The fifthteen min wait is for in case you have a reaction I have been informed by a ex nurse. If you are going to have one its usually within a few mins.
When I get my yearly flu jab I have to sit about for 15minutes or so.  At work the nurse assisting the jabbing doc used to give each person a lolly-pop to suck while they waited.

Was told by medico that the wait time was because some people have a strong reaction to the needle not the contents.  A stress reaction where the blood pressure drops and so does the person.

A work college went to give blood at the vampire bus in the parking lot.  Suffered a severe shock reaction during draining and had an ambulance trip and an overnight
hospital stay, not allowed to donate anymore.  Strange, he was a very fit chap and did all sorts of dangerous stuff on his mountain bike.

thank that explains things for me i am not in any way scared of needles but i often feel faint and on a couple of time i have passed out when having my regular blood test   

John

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations