Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

That has to be the worst luck possible. Malc :o
I'll be taking your advice, though. :uneasy:

daffy

Please do Mick, if you can. I had to join a long queue despite an appointment time, and it was mainly populated by folks who had somehow missed the instruction to keep socially distanced. Thankfully 10 days on I'm symptom free.

Sorry to hear you've been in hospital after your jab Malc, but great to know you are out now. That jab will have helped fight the critter, so here's wishing you a complete recovery. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Trainfish

Mine was done here:

It wasn't a drive-thru so I couldn't wait in the car. Doesn't it depend which jab you have too as I think, but may be wrong, you may not have to hang around for 15 minutes with the AZ so a drive-thru is easy.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

Quite correct @Trainfish . I had the Pfizer jab so had to wait 15 mins. The Oxford one doesn't need you to wait.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Well that was all a bit of a faff. Got booked in on time at 09.40 but had to sit in a waiting room until 10.05 before getting my wee jabbie (once past the booking in there was no return). On the menu today was the Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine but, because I was driving, I then had to wait in another room post jab for 15 minutes as it seems 1 in 100 people get quite bad dizziness as a side effect. Anyone on foot or via taxi could leave straight away and just stagger around to their hearts content :D
I did ask if I could wait in the car but they said "No - there's no one out there to monitor the jabees"
Hopefully I'll have better luck than @Malc but, hey, at least I've had the first one.

daffy

I must have been lucky, as I had the Oxford jab and the nurse told me about the driving risk, but I was allowed to leave, so I just took a long wander back to my car, far away from all the crowds in the hall used as a jab venue.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

different sites quote different names  >:(

our 'credit cards' quoted 'fiser' and so had to wait 15 minutes, no tea and biccies  :veryangry:, but guess that's due to 'budget cuts'.

not heard that whether you drive or not changes what you get jabbed with, perhaps if you drive you're sponsored by DVLA, if walking by 'over 60's bus pass' .

still waiting to see if either of us had the winning ticket in the raffle, and if so what was the prize ??

daffy

Quotestill waiting to see if either of us had the winning ticket in the raffle, and if so what was the prize ??

Two weeks alone in a quarantine hotel of your choice? :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

RailGooner

No matter which vaccine one has, the official advice is to wait ~15 minutes before departing the vaccination hub.

dannyboy

I think we should have a 'Over The Moon With Happiness' thread.

I have just received an email from Amazon stating that I have a refund, (that I was not expecting) -

"We are writing to confirm that we are processing your refund ..... This amount has been credited to your payment method and will appear when your bank has processed it. ..... Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: €0.01"
   :smiley-laughing:

Must remember to do the Lottery.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

Quote from: Trainfish on February 24, 2021, 04:05:43 PM
Mine was done here:

It wasn't a drive-thru so I couldn't wait in the car. Doesn't it depend which jab you have too as I think, but may be wrong, you may not have to hang around for 15 minutes with the AZ so a drive-thru is easy.
Any good bands playing whilst you were there?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

port perran

Quote from: RailGooner on February 25, 2021, 05:16:44 PM
No matter which vaccine one has, the official advice is to wait ~15 minutes before departing the vaccination hub.

Lorraine and I had the Oxford jab and were advised to sit in the car for 15 minutes (which we did).
However, Lorraine suffered a nastyish reaction causing her to feel quite unwell for 2 days.
Apparently that's not uncommon with the Oxford vaccine.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on February 25, 2021, 04:48:15 PM
not heard that whether you drive or not changes what you get jabbed with, perhaps if you drive you're sponsored by DVLA, if walking by 'over 60's bus pass' .

I'm unaware of any venue giving a choice. My location only offered the Oxford vaccine and, when I asked why I had to hang around for 15 minutes, was told about the possible dizziness and the effect on driving. If I'd said I was on foot I could have left with no wait.

lil chris

The fifthteen min wait is for in case you have a reaction I have been informed by a ex nurse. If you are going to have one its usually within a few mins. A guy in our street at the phizer one and it made him a bit tired so he went to bed but was ok the next day. I know a guy who works for the NHS he had the same one and was ill for nearly a week. I had the Oxford one weeks ago now, all I had was a sore arm the next day and felt a bit tired. I have been watching Dr John Campbell who gives answers relating to the data the results show the Vaccines are doing the job.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Trainfish

Quote from: port perran on February 25, 2021, 06:30:06 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on February 24, 2021, 04:05:43 PM
Mine was done here:

Any good bands playing whilst you were there?

Unfortunately not. The last band I think I saw there were The Hoax. It was no hoax on Tuesday though, I definitely got the needle. I even caught up with an old workmate who I hadn't seen for about 10 years who had to wait outside just like me as we were both early. Then there was some dodgy bloke wearing a mask who kept nodding at me while he was in the 15 minute queue and I was waiting to be stabbed by the Scottish navy bird who seemed to be going around stabbing everyone who sat down! Thankfully the nodding bloke had gone by the time I sat down as I didn't have a clue who he was  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations