Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Quote from: railsquid on February 18, 2021, 12:22:44 PM
Quote from: class37025 on February 18, 2021, 11:38:47 AMmoved to EE

English Electric?

Finally got to sign the contract for my "new" job today :claphappy: after several months of being given the runabout by some mysterious sub-organisation known only as "HR" who seem to use the phrase "next week" in the sense of "some undetermined point in time before the final heat death of the universe:doh:

Pleased for you, well done.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Foxhound

Quote from: class37025 on February 18, 2021, 11:38:47 AM
no, got a built in freeview in the tv, that will do us.

<>

moved to EE, so we may or may not see comment on my usual thread, according to @newportnobby, but taking just broadband and phone, saved over £15 a month against beardies lot.

more inportantly ...

HAS THE BEER ARRIVED YET ?

About an hour go, yes. Blokey from Parcelfarce said that he hadn't been down my road yesterday and that this was definitely a first attempt delivery. 'The automated notifications are playing up mind...'

:hmmm:
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Foxhound

Quote from: railsquid on February 18, 2021, 12:22:44 PM
Quote from: class37025 on February 18, 2021, 11:38:47 AMmoved to EE

English Electric?

Finally got to sign the contract for my "new" job today :claphappy: after several months of being given the runabout by some mysterious sub-organisation known only as "HR" who seem to use the phrase "next week" in the sense of "some undetermined point in time before the final heat death of the universe:doh:

EE - Evil Empire....
#SulzersRule  8)

Congrats on the job!
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

joe cassidy

Just got my new French residence permit valid for 10 years  :)

Snowwolflair

Quote from: joe cassidy on February 20, 2021, 10:52:10 AM
Just got my new French residence permit valid for 10 years  :)

The punishment fits the crime  :D

Skyline2uk

Just managed to bag my 5th and final Intercity MK2 TSO, having been lucky and got the last one from Great Eastern Models.

I committed the cardinal sin with new style releases and dithered, so the TSO became like hens teeth having sold out from pretty much everywhere.

Went old school and sent out many e-mails to all the model shops I could find, getting responses from most and securing final examples from three shops in total.

In the process I spoke to some lovely people on the phone and noted some great businesses for future purchases aside from the box shifters.

Shout out to

Arcadia Models
Invicta Models
Great Eastern Models

Skyline2uk

jpendle

Hi,

I ordered some second hand Farish weathered VTG JGA's from Hattons, on Tuesday evening over here.
These are out of stock everywhere I look and I'm trying to get enough to have two mixed rakes along with the Revolution HOA's.

Anyhow I placed the order on Tuesday evening GMT and they shipped them with DHL on Wednesday.

This morning my wife handed me a parcel she'd found outside, a 3 day international delivery by DHL, for the princely sum of 16 quid  :o :o :o

Also, a couple of weeks ago, I ordered some stuff from DCCTrainAutomation and they use DPD who handed it off to DHL and I got that lot within a week.

DHL used to use the US Postal Service to delivery to my address, so stuff would arrive in Denver and then take another 3 or 4 days to get to me.
They are now using a courier again so deliveries are significantly faster.  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Skyline2uk

@jpendle thats pretty good going, it's taken that long to get to us here in the West Country!

I would imagine your box made it to Heathrow (or similar) just in time to be loaded into the belly of a transatlantic flight....

Which in itself is not easy these days (cargo rates have gone mad, as covered elsewhere).

Skyline2uk

The Q

Quote from: Skyline2uk on February 20, 2021, 11:58:02 AM

Shout out to

Arcadia Models
Invicta Models
Great Eastern Models

Skyline2uk
I've been in Arcadia, and Great Easterns shops..both good shops,. Both sets of staff are very helpful..

Newportnobby

My vaccination is booked for tomorrow morning. Bit worried about this, though :worried:

Hailstone

Don't worry Mick, all most people I have spoken to and my wife and I just got a sore arm for a day or so. the following message was sent to me by a mate - I think is says it all:

Those who think that the Covid-19 vaccine will modify their DNA should see it as an opportunity

Regards,

Alex

guest311

think positive,

Tescos have bananas at 69p a bunch  ;D

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on February 24, 2021, 01:29:58 PM
think positive,

Tescos have bananas at 69p a bunch  ;D

Even more worrying, Alan, as I bought some in Tescos before I got the text message!

Trainfish

I think you 2 are long lost brothers  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

Back home after a spell in hospital with the dreaded Covid-19. I think I picked it up in the waiting room after my shot. It's the only place we've been to for months. Wait in your car Mick and be safe.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations