Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon898

The "introductory" subscription for the SiriusXM satellite radio in the car was coming to the end and was scheduled to increase from USD5 per month to USD 22 per month  :o .  I called the toll-free number expecting to get a run-around when I asked for a lower price, pleaded that I was a retired over-65 and the kind lady on the other end offered to renew for another year at the USD5 per month rate  :claphappy: .  I asked what would happen in a year when this rate ran out, and she said to just call back and they'd offer the discount rate again.

By her accent, she was probably a Philippina, so not all call centers are a problem (full disclosure, my brother in law used to run one in the Philippines).

Jon

dannyboy

I have complained on another thread about buying from the UK and paying UK VAT and then having to pay Irish VAT and Customs charges when it gets to Ireland. Out of interest, I sent an email to 'Rails' this afternoon, asking what their procedure was, as I have a, (not cheap), pre-order with them. I have had a reply and the important bit says, "we do now deduct the VAT". So, as I have just put in my 'thank you' reply, the pre-order stays as is. I do not know yet what the position is with other suppliers in the UK, apart from the two I have already bought from!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Snowwolflair

I bought a piece of electronics online from France a few weeks ago. 

Promptly the next morning I was refunded the French VAT and it was dispatched and I expect to be charged UK VAT on arrival. 

Problem is it has now been sitting in Parcel Force customs clearance for three weeks.

Typical, the French are on the ball and our lot have completely :censored: up.

Foxhound

Big Up HMRC!

I know that sounds mad but yesterday I applied for a tax rebate because I'm working from home predominantly to keep the footfall down in the hospital I work at, and they've only gone and changed my tax code already and told me my rebate will be in my next pay run!

Now, where did I see that Farish Polybulk at a good price.... :hmmm: :D
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Malc

SWIMBO and I got vaccinated this morning. The injection was painless and we were in and out in 20 mins, including 15 mins waiting time after the shot.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest311

SWMBO and I got our letters from the NHS last friday, so on monday go on line to book, and nearest site is Brighton, followed by Crawley then Eastbourne .......

you might think not too bad, wasn't Wales or Scotland, but our next door neighbour was having her jab monday, in Haywards Heath.

went on the phone to NHS, was told they don't have a site at Haywards Heath, OH YES YOU DO, must be being run by the GP practice, you'll need to wait for them to get in touch with you, so would you like to book at Brighton or Crawley ?

no thanks.

this afternoon found out that SWMBO's cousin's husband, who is 3 years younger than us, and doesn't have health issues, nor had a letter from the NHS, has got his jab tomorrow, at Haywards Heath  >:(

got on the phone to the surgery, he's at the same one as us, and was told they were working through the priority lists, they are on class 3 at the moment, and SWMBO and I are in class 4, should hear something in the next couple of weeks.

pointed out her 'at serious risk / shielding etc' and was told couldn't comment on why a younger person with no health problems was class 3 while we were class 4. should hear in a week or so as they were nearly completed on the class 3s and would be contacting class 4s soon.

left it at that, ..........

five minutes later surgery were on the phone 'understand you were speaking to my colleague a few minutes ago about the vaccine, can you and your wife make next thursday, at Haywards Heath ?'

do bears sleep in the woods.

so now sorted, but still wondering exactly how they are classing priorities, though he did retire from being a train driver 6 years ago ? :hmmm: :hmmm:

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

there's always one  >:D

mind you, if you believe the greenies, they will be soon  :smiley-laughing:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: class37025 on February 03, 2021, 04:02:41 PM
SWMBO and I got our letters from the NHS last friday, so on monday go on line to book, and nearest site is Brighton, followed by Crawley then Eastbourne .......

you might think not too bad, wasn't Wales or Scotland, but our next door neighbour was having her jab monday, in Haywards Heath.

went on the phone to NHS, was told they don't have a site at Haywards Heath, OH YES YOU DO, must be being run by the GP practice, you'll need to wait for them to get in touch with you, so would you like to book at Brighton or Crawley ?

no thanks.

this afternoon found out that SWMBO's cousin's husband, who is 3 years younger than us, and doesn't have health issues, nor had a letter from the NHS, has got his jab tomorrow, at Haywards Heath  >:(

got on the phone to the surgery, he's at the same one as us, and was told they were working through the priority lists, they are on class 3 at the moment, and SWMBO and I are in class 4, should hear something in the next couple of weeks.

pointed out her 'at serious risk / shielding etc' and was told couldn't comment on why a younger person with no health problems was class 3 while we were class 4. should hear in a week or so as they were nearly completed on the class 3s and would be contacting class 4s soon.

left it at that, ..........

five minutes later surgery were on the phone 'understand you were speaking to my colleague a few minutes ago about the vaccine, can you and your wife make next thursday, at Haywards Heath ?'

do bears sleep in the woods.

so now sorted, but still wondering exactly how they are classing priorities, though he did retire from being a train driver 6 years ago ? :hmmm: :hmmm:

Tread gently he may have a condition that he does not want to tell anyone about.  :)

Trainfish

Just had a phone call to say I need to attend the local prison on Monday at 2pm   :goodbye:

Why is this in the happy thread? Because it's for a job interview  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Trainfish on February 05, 2021, 03:00:56 PM
Just had a phone call to say I need to attend the local prison on Monday at 2pm   :goodbye:

Why is this in the happy thread? Because it's for a job interview  :D

Knowing Erlestoke Prison like I do, not sure the Happy Thread is the right place  :D :D :D :D

Good Luck

Neal.

Trainfish

I'll make sure I don't mention your name then  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

I suggest if you're going to become a 'screw' you don't go in your outfit :no: :worried:

Trainfish

Maybe not that outfit but I'm sure I can find something suitable  :hmmm:
John

<*))))><

Graham

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 05, 2021, 03:28:37 PM
I suggest if you're going to become a 'screw' you don't go in your outfit :no: :worried:
As I read this I thought exactly the same thing.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations