Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Quote from: Geoff on December 14, 2014, 09:43:44 AM
We received our new oven yesterday, what a fantastic service we have had from AO.com ordered friday and delivered Saturday on free delivery, I shall be using them again if anything else goes up the swannie river.

:bounce:

AO gets our vote, too!

New washer and a dryer delivered PDQ!

Had to pay Currys £20 odd to get a similar service for a particular fridge/freezer that proved a bit too small so over to AO again for a garage located backup.

Dave G

Malc

Thanks for the recommendation of AO.com. We are looking for a condensing tumble drier, so I will give them a try.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Quote from: Malc on December 14, 2014, 11:17:16 AM
Thanks for the recommendation of AO.com. We are looking for a condensing tumble drier, so I will give them a try.

Early days Malc, but the BEKO condenser seems to do a decent job for us.

http://ao.com/l/condenser_tumble_dryers/1/17-18/#!/condenser_tumble_dryers-beko/1-6/17-18/

No connection with either business, just a happy punter

Dave G

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on December 13, 2014, 09:49:28 PM
Well done, David :thumbsup:
Are you likely to be in the Lancashire area very soon? :D

Hopefully sometime we'll meet up  :beers: David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

jonclox

:claphappy: :claphappy: UKMail are delivering my Brighton Belle tomorrow. Only snag is they usually get here before we stagger out of bed  :-[
Still at least I can get it running in nicely  :) :)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Trainfish

Simple. Don't go to bed  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jonclox

Quote from: Trainfish on December 15, 2014, 04:25:50 PM
Simple. Don't go to bed  :D
:doh: now why didn't I think of that.
As it happens about 9.45 this morning I received an email to say that I had wasted my time getting up early because the delivery time is to be between 19.28 and 20.23 so I may go back to bed till then  :smiley-laughing:
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Tdm

Number of reasons to go to bed happy tonight, starting off with :-

1) Won a very close game of snooker at lunchtime by potting the last black,
2) Got back home to find several parcels waiting for me - a delayed birthday present, my
     latest Hattons order, and some awaited spare parts from BRLines,
3) Finish fixing some track problems on my changed layout and got it all working O.K. again,
4) Watched Liverpool clinch a rare Cup win whilst enjoying a glass of Brandy & some Twiglets,
5) Completed compiling and burning a new music CD tonight in readiness for our Xmas
    Party, and managed to repair a non-functioning "tweeter" in one of the speakers.

Tomorrow night will also be the last time the misses and I run a Quiz in our local Bar until we return from our New Year cruise, the tickets for which have now arrived. Defineately now beginning to feel a lot like Xmas.

railsquid

Picked up a couple of new Tomix pre-war style Japanese coaches yesterday which were on sale (at current exchange rates the total damage for both was about a tenner), anyway just put them on the track and unexpectedly the taillights on one of them (type SUHANI32, a kind of brake composite open) lit up red, which I wasn't expecting. Even better, they must have some circuitry gizmos which keep them running nice and steady without flickering.

Trusty

What makes me really happy is the arrival of my two sets of Orient Express from Kato as my Christmas gifts. Arrived from Japan without tax to pay  :claphappy: :claphappy:, at half the price of European sellers  :laugh: :laugh:, and with also a surprise gift for my Queen !  :laugh3:
Arduino for railroad modellling projects : Locoduino
https://git.framasoft.org/groups/locoduino.org (also in english)
http://www.locoduino.org (only in french... sorry !)

Caz

I'm  H A P P Y,   H A P P Y,   H A P P Y   :claphappy:   :claphappy:   :claphappy:

Got my Fleischmann turntable working again.   Nothing to loose so I took it apart, removed the deck, undid the various screws I could see, tried various points with 12v, solenoid worked but not motor.  Finally worked out how to get into the motor and even 12v direct on the terminals didn't work.  A good clean with IPA etc, apply 12v, few sparks on the commutator and then wrrrrrrh of she went, must have been a lot of carbon on the commutator.

It was an absolute pig to put back together, you need at least four hands with all the various bits that need re-locating, so be warned anyone else doing it, be prepared for some difficulty, but at least it's working again.   :claphappy:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

jonclox

Quote from: Caz on December 22, 2014, 02:35:37 PM
I'm  H A P P Y,   H A P P Y,   H A P P Y   :claphappy:   :claphappy:   :claphappy:

Got my Fleischmann turntable working again.   Nothing to loose so I took it apart, removed the deck, undid the various screws I could see, tried various points with 12v, solenoid worked but not motor.  Finally worked out how to get into the motor and even 12v direct on the terminals didn't work.  A good clean with IPA etc, apply 12v, few sparks on the commutator and then wrrrrrrh of she went, must have been a lot of carbon on the commutator.

It was an absolute pig to put back together, you need at least four hands with all the various bits that need re-locating, so be warned anyone else doing it, be prepared for some difficulty, but at least it's working again.   :claphappy:
Well done.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I may have to take my table off the base because somehow the handrail has got broken along half its length  (no I didn't do it) and it could be easier to do it out on a table but you have worried me now for when its reinstalled  :worried:
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Newportnobby

Quote from: Caz on December 22, 2014, 02:35:37 PM

And where was Edward Scissorhands when you needed him ::)
Well done, Caz :thumbsup:

Caz

Quote from: jonclox on December 22, 2014, 04:19:50 PM
Well done.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I may have to take my table off the base because somehow the handrail has got broken along half its length  (no I didn't do it) and it could be easier to do it out on a table but you have worried me now for when its reinstalled  :worried:

Taking the bridge (table) off of the base is easy, just be sure you don't lose the circlip and square washer and when you reassemble, make sure the square washer is up the right way, it has to provide downward pressure on the turntable bridge deck.   I actually took the whole drive mechanism apart by removing the complete motor housing and cam. I had to unsolder all the drive motor connections so I could then have a good look at the electric motor to effect a repair so don't worry Jon, just taking the bridge deck off doesn't involve any of that.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on December 19, 2014, 05:39:19 AM
Picked up a couple of new Tomix pre-war style Japanese coaches yesterday which were on sale (at current exchange rates the total damage for both was about a tenner), anyway just put them on the track and unexpectedly the taillights on one of them (type SUHANI32, a kind of brake composite open) lit up red, which I wasn't expecting. Even better, they must have some circuitry gizmos which keep them running nice and steady without flickering.

Damn, just discovered another set of coaches I bought a while back also light up, though not quite as well as the above-mentioned.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations