Previous topic - Next topic

Oldun

Quote from: railsquid on December 02, 2014, 11:44:03 PM
What's a bright red Yeti? How do you pick one up and press its buttons?  :hmmm:

Its a Skoda:

[smg id=19189]

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

daveg

One of these, but in red:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gallery/skoda-yeti-facelift-photo-gallery-353427.aspx

It replaces a French built item that required the timing chain to be replaced every 18 months. The last bill was just under £1K and that was for chain No3!

Dave G

Tdm

Quote from: daveg on December 03, 2014, 08:18:41 AM
One of these, but in red:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gallery/skoda-yeti-facelift-photo-gallery-353427.aspx
It replaces a French built item that required the timing chain to be replaced every 18 months. The last bill was just under £1K and that was for chain No3!
Dave G

Had to replace my timing chains once (in 20 years of ownership - it's a V8 so there are 2 of them), but the car is 37 years old - they don't make 'em like they used to.
Didn't the Yeti come out tops for User Satisfaction in a recent motoring journal survey, with the Skoda Superb 2nd? In Tenerife many Taxi drivers have now swapped their Mercs for Skodas for better reliability and cheaper running costs.

DesertHound

Got a German friend who works in the auto industry in Stuttgart ... he's just bought a Skoda estate - says it's exactly the same as the VW Passat, save a few minor detailing details, at a considerably cheaper price! Looked lovely when I saw it.

Long gone are the days of Skoda jokes! ... That said, wouldn't mind to hear one, just for a laugh  ;D
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

daveg

Quote from: DesertHound on December 03, 2014, 11:11:56 AM
Got a German friend who works in the auto industry in Stuttgart ... he's just bought a Skoda estate - says it's exactly the same as the VW Passat, save a few minor detailing details, at a considerably cheaper price! Looked lovely when I saw it.

Long gone are the days of Skoda jokes! ... That said, wouldn't mind to hear one, just for a laugh  ;D

Well, OK, as you asked so nicely -

Q: What do they call a Skoda with a sunroof?

A: A skip!

Nothing like that now. Really nicely made. Great dealership here as well.

:D

Dave G

FeelixTC

How do you double the value of a Skoda?

Fill the tank with petrol

DesertHound

Thanks for the laugh daveg and FeelixTC  :D

Agreed - nice cars these days!
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Bob Tidbury

Why do Skodas have heared rear screens ?

To keep your hands warm when your pushing them.

My mates got the top of the range Estate If I won the pools I be down the Dealers now to beg them to get me one NOW they are fantastic very fast but very economical the Diesel engine is also very smooth .
Bob

railsquid

I'll be sure to czech them out next time I'm in Europe.

mr bachmann

"what do you call a Skoda with twin exhaust pipes ?"

a wheelbarrow !

daveg

Quote from: mr bachmann on December 03, 2014, 03:48:38 PM
"what do you call a Skoda with twin exhaust pipes ?"

a wheelbarrow !

New one on me Mr B!

Most droll!  :laughabovepost:

Still trying to figure out how to turn the radio off.  :dunce:

The handbook is amazing and in v good English. There's just so-o much of it - 262 pages

Dave G

Tdm

Quote from: DesertHound on December 03, 2014, 12:09:11 PM
Thanks for the laugh daveg and FeelixTC  :D
Agreed - nice cars these days!

VW own Skoda - which is why the quality and reliability has gone up and some of the parts are shared between VW and Skoda models.

Trainfish

I went in to Halfords the other day. I said I'd like an air freshener for my Skoda. The guy said that sounds like a fair swap, handed me an air freshener and took the keys from me!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Papyrus

Quote from: daveg on December 03, 2014, 04:06:24 PM
Still trying to figure out how to turn the radio off.  :dunce:

The handbook is amazing and in v good English. There's just so-o much of it - 262 pages

Dave G

The radio probably comes with its own manual...!

I'm on my 3rd Octavia estate - the first 2 being company cars. Not as comfy as the Citroens I had previously, but pretty indestructible (he says, crossing fingers...) and a huge boot. Highly recommended.

Chris

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations