The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Trying to contact Chorley Council is like trying to knit fog.
3 times I've tried, each lasting over 10 minutes while I have to listen to a strangulated person twanging away on their geetar with appalling sound quality. Dare not mute it in case, Heaven forbid, someone decides to pick the  :censored: phone up.
Grrrrr :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2:

Edit:- 5th time lucky and spoke to someone as we have a 'large waste collection' booked for Monday at a cost of £90 for 4 armchairs and 3 kitchen appliances which have to be on the drive for 7am. However, the forecast for Sunday is rain so I wanted to query if they still collected wet items. Bloke says if the armchairs are soggy and too heavy they may not collect them. I asked if a soggy armchair is heavier then a fridge/freezer they are OK with even if wet. He said can we cover the armchairs up. I replied we don't have a tarpaulin and that, even if we had, someone would nick the tarpaulin anyway. He said we could cancel the collection but there would be a £5 charge, to which I replied we're not paying them £5 for nothing so left the booking as is. I really don't care if they collect them or not as the address is not my address. Even more  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Browning 9mm

and we pay their wages through our council tax.

it would not be so bad if all councils worked the same.
some recycle this, others don't.
some charge for a green bin, some don't.
I was told I could not put potato peelings in my green bin, but it was ok if I dug up my potato patch and put them in the bin.

lunatic / asylum / etc springs to mind.

Mick,
leave them out, and if they don't take them you'll probably be charged with fly tipping !

welcom to the world of UK councils 2023. :*(

Snowwolflair

Local Counsellors are either aspiring Westminster politicians or tin pot dictators, usually both.  :smiley-laughing:

Browning 9mm

guess what, now over 24 hours since my call to RM, and still nothing from them.
perhaps they mean 24 working hrs ?

my bank quotes 'working days' but they are happy to take my money any day, but can only give me money on mon-fri,
double standards  :hmmm:
with most people these days working 24/7 /52, how can firms claim to not deal with you any day, of course if they wait a couple of days, with YOUR cash, they get the interest.

I remember, years ago, when I was a relay driver on the AA, picking up a guy on a sunday to recover him and his car home.

as we went past a retail park he went off on one, moaning about how people should not work on sundays etc......
it totally brassed me off, as I was looking at about a 5 hour run to drop him off, then another 5 hours to get back to base....

ok you know me  :P

I pulled in to the next layby.

" you are so right, I agree entirely"

"what are you doing ?"

"I'm unloading your car, here, and heading back to base, then going home to my family. you are right, I should not be working on a sunday."

"what am I supposed to do ?"

"one of my colleagues will be back monday to pick you up and take you home"

splutter, splutter, splutter

"so, it's ok for me to work sundays, my collegue who came out to you before to work sundays, when you get home you expect to be able to turn on the lights powered by systems worked by people working sundays, and no doubt you will watch tv provided by people working sundays, so you are a bit  :censored: selective are'nt you"

silence from the back of the cab.

not sure why, but when I dropped him off, I didn't get a tip.....
but I never had a complaint so perhaps I was right ?

The Q

Quote from: Browning 9mm on May 10, 2023, 03:30:03 PM
and we pay their wages through our council tax.

it would not be so bad if all councils worked the same.
some recycle this, others don't.
some charge for a green bin, some don't.
I was told I could not put potato peelings in my green bin, but it was ok if I dug up my potato patch and put them in the bin.

lunatic / asylum / etc springs to mind.

Mick,
leave them out, and if they don't take them you'll probably be charged with fly tipping !

welcom to the world of UK councils 2023. :*(
They'd be pretty upset if you put potato peelings or spuds in green bins here...
Green .. recycling,
Black / grey rubbish,
Brown garden waste.

Browning 9mm

can't even use the same colours...

I rest my case.

emjaybee

We have:

Green - General waste
Blue - card and tin recycling
Brown - garden waste (£)
Small grey - food waste
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bazza

We have;

Black for landfill/general waste
Blue for recycling waste
Green for food waste (although the indoor food waste caddy is grey)

Newportnobby

We have South Ribble council for:-

Grey bin - general daily rubbish (must be bagged)
Blue bin - metal and plastics
Brown bin - garden waste (if you pay £30 annual fee)
Green box with yellow lid - paper and cardboard

Any wheelie bin with the lid even slightly raised is not emptied

5 miles down the road it's Chorley Council and completely different.

When I lived in Telford some folks put dead people in the wrong bins ::)

Malc

Fortunately Birmingham Council have a mobile unit. Two vans, one taking anything recyclable but not double glazed units. The other takes anything else. So we got shot of a window we had replaced, a load of used compost and some topsoil in one fell swoop.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on May 10, 2023, 09:24:54 PM
Two vans, one taking anything recyclable but not double glazed units. The other takes anything else. So we got shot of a window we had replaced, a load of used compost and some topsoil in one fell swoop.

Seems someone spotted a window of opportunity

Browning 9mm

we have
black bin for land fill
blue lidded bin for recycling [at least some things, though some marked as recyclable are not accepted]
green bin for garden waste, at £77 per year

oh and if you want to get rid of shredded paper, it can't be recycled in the blue bin, but has to be taken to the local civic amenity site run by WSCC.

Snowwolflair

When I lived in central London they used to charge for business waster even from private houses.  They even had inspectors who would check you bins.

On night I had a knock at my door and there was this officious guy telling me I was going to be fined for putting shredded business documents in the domestic waste.

I asked him if he had smelt his hands, and he looked puzzled, well I said, I use it as cat litter and you are holding what the cat produced yesterday.

I never heard from him again and they stopped checking our bins.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 10, 2023, 11:20:04 AM
I really don't care if they collect them or not as the address is not my address.

That was my first thought, put them outside someone else's house  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on May 10, 2023, 11:18:05 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on May 10, 2023, 11:20:04 AM
I really don't care if they collect them or not as the address is not my address.

That was my first thought, put them outside someone else's house  :thumbsup:

Then they definitely wouldn't collect them as it wouldn't be the address on their paperwork.
Jeez - I'm starting to think like them! :worried:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations