The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning 9mm

nearly six months ago I sent back to Royal Snail a book of 1st class stamps to be exchanged for their latest scam of having a barcode on them. still not had the replacements.

looks like another way of getting our hard earned money for nothing.

if you pone them calls are taking over 30 mins to be answered, and it is not of course a freephone number.

:veryangry:

Snowwolflair

Mine came back in 5 weeks.

Malc

Had my car pinched in the early hours this morning. I don't know how the managed it as the remotes are inside a Faraday pouch at the back of the house and the car was on the front drive. An app called my Toyota told me where it was, so I called the police to let them know. They told me to steal it back as long as it was safe to do so, so I did. It was parked in a communal parking lot in a cul-de-sac. They trashed the insides looking for a tracker, but it's integral to the sat nav. They did pinch my dash cam and a bag of loose change for parking meters. Hopefully they can fix it soonish as the hire car I'm getting will be very snug.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Malc on March 03, 2023, 08:18:51 PM
Had my car pinched in the early hours this morning. I don't know how the managed it as the remotes are inside a Faraday pouch at the back of the house and the car was on the front drive. An app called my Toyota told me where it was, so I called the police to let them know. They told me to steal it back as long as it was safe to do so, so I did. It was parked in a communal parking lot in a cul-de-sac. They trashed the insides looking for a tracker, but it's integral to the sat nav. They did pinch my dash cam and a bag of loose change for parking meters. Hopefully they can fix it soonish as the hire car I'm getting will be very snug.

Good grief.

Does the car have some for of app that can enable entry? If so I would change all your passwords etc.

I fear for modern motoring.

Kudos to you for being able to get it back, amazing the police said "steal it back so long as it's safe", wouldn't have been surprised if they said "here is an crime number for the insurance good luck".

What a world.

Skyline2uk

tunneroner61

My stamps came back in 3 weeks.

Why is barcoding the new stamps a scam?

Malc

No @Skyline2uk , it uses a key fob. As long as you have it near the car, you can touch the door handle and it unlocks. The car sends tracking data which you can look at using the app on your phone or iPad. I don't know how it sends the data, but I'm glad it did. As the electrics are shot, I can't lock it, so the insurance company LV= had it collected and will store it safely and drop it off at the main dealer on Tuesday. Just waiting for my courtesy car. It will be something the size of a Fiat 500 and I'm 6'2" tall.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Tuck your knees up, Malc!  ;) :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevewalker

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 01, 2023, 05:06:40 PM
QuoteEven worse is that his older brother is in sixth form at the same school and has been informed that he will not receive any punishment or late marks on his record, if he is late during the next two weeks.

That's the key point to lead with I would suggest. It makes their argument untenable, because they have said an older student who (and I am not saying this to be the case, just making an example) technically could be expected to be more responsible and plan for such diversions (yes I know, not possible in this case, just a hypothetical) does not need to.

Hopefully it won't come to it but I would check into Governor's contact details.

Skyline2uk   

stevewalker

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 01, 2023, 05:06:40 PM
QuoteEven worse is that his older brother is in sixth form at the same school and has been informed that he will not receive any punishment or late marks on his record, if he is late during the next two weeks.

That's the key point to lead with I would suggest. It makes their argument untenable, because they have said an older student who (and I am not saying this to be the case, just making an example) technically could be expected to be more responsible and plan for such diversions (yes I know, not possible in this case, just a hypothetical) does not need to.

Hopefully it won't come to it but I would check into Governor's contact details.

Skyline2uk   

Fortunately, I finally managed to get through to someone (who wasn't in on the day involved), in Pupil Services and got any threat of further actions removed. Luckily, the message about detention had not got to our son (we received it by text), so he hadn't attended the detention.

There is a possibility that a new system has caused the problem, as we received another text later on, informing us that a new, automated, late system had been put in place that day.

It was pretty crazy though, as the roadworks would have affected a number of buses and they would have had a hundred or more pupils late that day, just from that.

Browning 9mm

Quote from: tunneroner61 on March 03, 2023, 11:39:09 PM

think of all the thousands of people with one or two stamps left that they cannot now use, although paid fore, and which are not worth going to the trouble of getting the form and sending them back. nice little earner for RM

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Browning 9mm on March 04, 2023, 08:43:36 AM

think of all the thousands of people with one or two stamps left that they cannot now use, although paid fore, and which are not worth going to the trouble of getting the form and sending them back. nice little earner for RM

Give them to one of the charities converting them in bulk.

NScaleNotes

You can still use them. They extended the deadline to July 2023:
https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps

Trainfish

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 03, 2023, 10:15:13 PM
.................amazing the police said "steal it back so long as it's safe", ...................

Skyline2uk

I could have written almost the same post about 15 years ago.

One of the guys who worked for me had his van stolen from a B&Q car park where he was working in Birmingham. I told the police where it was due to it having a tracker fitted, a couple of miles away parked up in a communal parking lot in a cul-de-sac. They told me to retrieve it if I could as they couldn't get to it for a while. I had a spare set of keys but was in Chippenham at the time. I still got there before the police did though.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

thebrighton

But on the flip side there are plenty of people that bought 1st class stamps in bulk at the price at the time but the stamps remained 1st class even when the price of a first class stamp increased year on year. I had a stack that probably covered at least 3 price rises so I can't grumble.

PaulCheffus

Hi

Why as the old stamps as are still valid until July.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%