The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Can you use something like this? I have 5 Blink cameras which are great in good light, not so good in the dark I admit.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

Quote from: Trainfish on December 29, 2022, 05:28:51 PM
Can you use something like this? I have 5 Blink cameras which are great in good light, not so good in the dark I admit.
That's the doorbell I have, problem is getting it to work, I have no mobile phone, Android or fire stick one or other of which appears to be necessary for operation, I have PCs and laptops all running Windows 7 pro 64 bit, it ought to be possible to operate a video doorbell without all the addiional hardware, Alexa set up with no problems (so far, touch wood)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Trainfish

Ah ok, I didn't realise that's the 1 you have. You're right, it doesn't connect to a PC but us young 'uns are used to using a mobile phone for everything these days. I do have an old iPhone 5 (I think it's a 5 anyway). If you're interested I can see if the software works on that for my system and if it does you can have it for yours. Just let me know and I'll test it in the next few days.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

I've got a Fire stick coming tomorrow which is supposed to work with it, just have to wait and see if that works, it's the cheapest option at £29.99.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Intercity

Got my package of class 90s, only to find it had already been opened and I've received 4 empty jewel cases, roll on 2024 as the first day of the year I totaled my car.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Intercity on January 04, 2023, 12:20:52 PM
Got my package of class 90s, only to find it had already been opened and I've received 4 empty jewel cases, roll on 2024 as the first day of the year I totaled my car.

That is, as they say, shocking.

Have you raised the issue with the shop / vendor? Staggering to think such blatant theft is going on!

Sorry ref your car as well.

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Quote from: Intercity on January 04, 2023, 12:20:52 PM

Maybe doesn't help much but there's a box of stuff sitting on my dining room table with your name on it. I have no idea what's in it yet but will do the usual checks, tests etc at the weekend  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Intercity

Emailed the vendor with the issue, waiting to hear back, also messaged to postal service but they will just say they delivered a package!!!!

That box on your table should have spare pantographs, a few HAAs, a couple spare chassis and a slow/poor running class 108!!!!

Newportnobby

Another complaint about Evri (the new Herpes).
They were delivering something earlier than expected and though they bombarded me with e mails I was unavoidably out. Got back about 14.30 - no parcel, no card, nowt.
½ hour later the next door neighbour dropped the parcel round. I explained there was no card informing me or I'd have gone to his and collected it.

Edit:- they e mailed me to say it was next door but, as I was out, this was not much help.

Dorsetmike

I'm looking for a ribbon cable to connect between a Kato turntable and its controller, Traintrax are asking £20.20, yet Amazon have  similar items, 5 for £9.99, only problem is the Amazon sockets are 2rows of4 pins whereas the Kato is 1 row of 8. Does anybody know of another source of connector, the Train trax price is ridiculous. As the sayting goes I don't mind a joke but you know what to do with a pantomime
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

lil chris

I have sold a music instrument on E-bay, the buyer paid and received the item the next day from me and marked has delivered. I even helped the buyer register the product with the manufactorer. But E-Bay have put my payment on hold till the 17th of the month, they do not answer messages sent to them either, very annoying. After my last experience with them I said I would not use them again, last time I was surpossed to get reduced selling fees. Well I mean it this time once I have been paid they can get lost, had enough of them not a happy experience using them.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

stevewalker

Very annoyed with my son's school. I received a message (too late to call them back today), that my son had received an immediate 30 minutes, after-school detention for being late and that he would be monitored and subject to longer detentions if he is late in the next two weeks.

This is despite the school knowing that the council have closed a road for maintenance work and that the diversion is not suitable for buses, so his bus is completing two thirds of its journey, then having to turn back for more than a 1/3 of its route and take another route that takes it along a very congested main road. The combination is delaying the bus for a  half to three quarters of an hour, every day and will continue to do so.

I will be calling them tomorrow and refusing to let them give him any more detentions for being late, while this work goes on and pointing out that catching an earlier bus is not an option, as he already has to get up at 7 am to catch the bus.

Even worse is that his older brother is in sixth form at the same school and has been informed that he will not receive any punishment or late marks on his record, if he is late during the next two weeks.

Skyline2uk

QuoteEven worse is that his older brother is in sixth form at the same school and has been informed that he will not receive any punishment or late marks on his record, if he is late during the next two weeks.

That's the key point to lead with I would suggest. It makes their argument untenable, because they have said an older student who (and I am not saying this to be the case, just making an example) technically could be expected to be more responsible and plan for such diversions (yes I know, not possible in this case, just a hypothetical) does not need to.

Hopefully it won't come to it but I would check into Governor's contact details.

Skyline2uk   

Newportnobby

It smacks of madness on behalf of the school. They no doubt believe it's your fault for choosing to live where you do ::)

Graham

sounds like schools are the same on both sides of the world. 2 of my grandchildren have just been told they can no longer use the special school bus. They have to use public transport. Now the school bus passes the end of their street and goes straight to the school, some 12km away. The public bus system means they have to go via the local hub making a 35km round trip. Son in law rings school to see if they still want grandchildren in the school. We await an outcome.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations