Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

My granny used to say to the rest of her family in a sarcastic voice

"you are all very clever" :smiley-laughing:

Foxhound

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 29, 2021, 11:05:24 AM
@Trainfish
I really do wonder at your mental state if that duet sprang so quickly to mind, John :worried:

My problem is I've just been catching up on this thread and now I've got Peters & Lee earworm. Cheers John, I think?  :censored:
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Trainfish

Yes, it is a bit of an earwormer that one. I eventually managed to lose it from my ear but by posting your response you've just put it right back where it was  :veryangry2:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Foxhound

Quote from: Trainfish on February 03, 2021, 12:36:47 PM
Yes, it is a bit of an earwormer that one. I eventually managed to lose it from my ear but by posting your response you've just put it right back where it was  :veryangry2:

You're welcome.  :D :smiley-laughing:
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

dannyboy

That's what I like about this forum - everybody is prepared to help each other.  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Dorsetmike

In the last 2 days I have received over 20 emails purporting to be from just about every anti virus company to tell me my licence has expired is is about to expire, some claim to have found numerous viruses on my system and various other calamities; this has been building up for over a week now, more emails each day.
It might be more believable if they used convincing email addresses!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

steve836

What's this Peters and Lee earworm?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 14, 2021, 10:21:30 PM
In the last 2 days I have received over 20 emails

I have received an email just about every day for the last two weeks letting me know I have won a prize. The emails are quite well done and very similar in appearance. The majority of the 'prizes' are vouchers from the likes of Amazon and Argos. I mark every one as Spam, but they are all from different email addresses and like the ones received by Mike, the emails come from not very convincing email addresses.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Just do what I do, mate.

If me home phone rings, I don't answer it.

If me mobile rings and I don't recognise the number, I don't answer it.

Simple, and I sleep at night  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

zwilnik

Quote from: dannyboy on February 15, 2021, 09:10:24 AM
Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 14, 2021, 10:21:30 PM
In the last 2 days I have received over 20 emails

I have received an email just about every day for the last two weeks letting me know I have won a prize. The emails are quite well done and very similar in appearance. The majority of the 'prizes' are vouchers from the likes of Amazon and Argos. I mark every one as Spam, but they are all from different email addresses and like the ones received by Mike, the emails come from not very convincing email addresses.

They tend to come in waves as a new scam text is written and you'll get lots of emails with the same subject or content. When they make it through the automated spam filter I add a new mail rule to check for key phrases in the subject line and move them to the spam folder.

Usually the subject lines are the same or have a long enough common sequence of words to do a simple compare as a mail rule to zap them.

zwilnik

Still waiting for the boards to cover my layout base. Ordered them from the big DIY store Leroy Merlin on the 9th, thinking they'd just send them from the local store about 20km away and they estimated the 11th as a delivery date. Still nothing and no tracking information a week later. I contacted them today and they claimed the courier was waiting for a response from me, despite never contacting me in any way. Apparently I should get a call within 72 hours, which usually means they've lost it somewhere.

stevewalker

Absolutely hacked off. I have looked on and off for years for a particular book that has been out of print and rarely comes up for sale. Even when it does, it is usually way too expensive. It is a book on building the Martin Evans, 5" gauge, Simplex 0-6-0 tank engine.

I started building one with my father about 40 years ago and we got the chassis running on air, with the smokebox, smokebox door, funnel, blast pipe, blower nozzle, lubricator and axle water pump all built and fitted. Then we stalled when it came to the boiler.

Some years ago, I started thinking about finishing it off, but the book with the detailed instructions and measurements (a lot is missing from the drawings) had been lost.

One has been on sale for a while for £125, but I am not willing to pay that.

At the weekend I found one up for auction, ending today, and thought that I must look out for it. I even set the alarm on my phone to remind me, with plenty of time beforehand. Then I left my phone upstairs and missed the end of the auction.

I'd be annoyed enough with myself for that, but what really makes it worse was my son coming down with my phone, saying that the alarm had been going off for ages and my wife saying that she'd heard it (she's in bed ill), but thought it was my son's phone.

It had been going for 20 minutes and I'd only just missed the end of the auction, which  finished at £46!

Arggghhh!

Trainfish

I know it's too late now but consider using something like Gixen next time  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

I have looked at snipers before, but have stuck to doing it myself. I normally tend to put my own bid, to the maximum I am willing, in the last 5 seconds. This time it went wrong. I can live with it, but it was just the annoyance that having made the mistake of leaving my phone upstairs, both my son and my wife heard it going off, for some time, but didn't think to let me know!

Newportnobby

I notice Alan @class37025 has not posted in here for over 2 weeks. Does the team think the crusty curmudgeon has chilled out more than a little?  :uneasy: ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations