The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

I took my class 1 then did a conversion to PCV. Only driven an HGV on a couple of occasions, much prefer coaches as the cargo loads and unloads itself.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Sprintex

On the other hand my cargo doesn't whinge and moan, make loads of noise, or criticise my driving ;)

Paul

Malc

Quote from: Sprintex on April 27, 2015, 08:46:19 PM
On the other hand my cargo doesn't whinge and moan, make loads of noise, or criticise my driving ;)

Paul
Or need to stop at every service station!
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tank

Have just discovered whilst on my break at work that I picked up the wrong tin of paint at home this morning. :headbutt:

I needed BR Blue, and this tin says Mainline Blue. :thumbsdown:  Oh well, that's another day gone before this carriage is finished. ::)

railsquid

Tank

Quote from: railsquid on April 29, 2015, 03:53:32 PM
#firstworldproblems ;)

How bizarre, I actually wrote that and deleted it before I pressed submit!!!!  :D

railsquid

Quote from: Tank on April 29, 2015, 05:12:48 PM
#firstworldproblems ;)

How bizarre, I actually wrote that and deleted it before I pressed submit!!!!  :D
The meme will out ;)

talisman56

Quote from: railsquid on April 30, 2015, 01:26:21 AM
Quote from: Tank on April 29, 2015, 05:12:48 PM
#firstworldproblems ;)

The meme will out ;)

More like 'the meme will inherit the Earth'....
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

I thought the meme raths outgrabe. Oh no, That was mome :doh:

Oldun

:censored: Just purchased a new computer keyboard. The only problem is that on
five of the key's symbols, they do not correspond with their actions.

Example, the number 2 key is marked 2 and 'at' symbol - press upper case and
the 2 key and you get  " instead, 3 key has the hash symbol - press upper case
and the 3 key and you get £ ect ect   :veryangry:

I WANT A REFUND

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

MikeDunn

Yeah ... that's the UK mapping ...  Sounds like you may have bought a US keyboard ?

austinbob

Quote from: MikeDunn on May 01, 2015, 07:18:10 PM
Yeah ... that's the UK mapping ...  Sounds like you may have bought a US keyboard ?
If you're using Windoze you should be able to change your keyboard mapping to the correct UK version. Don't know about Mac - that's for Aliens!
:D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

Won't that result in a missing £ symbol?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

Yes it will Malc as on a US keyboard there is a " on the 3 key. The thing is if it's a US keyboard then the £ symbol doesn't exist so he can't mis-type it if you see what I mean as he won't be able to find it on the keyboard in the first place! Roger, if you're using Windows and the keyboard is set as US then you need to hold down the Alt key and then press 0163 then the £ sign should appear just like magic  :thumbsup:

If it were me I'd buy a UK keyboard though  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Oldun

Quote from: Trainfish on May 02, 2015, 01:12:19 AM
If it were me I'd buy a UK keyboard though  :D

Your right there but, the 'add' for this keyboard failed to mention it was the US version >:(

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations