The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Quote from: Trainfish on December 22, 2014, 11:52:52 AM
Or "End of the line"

One of my favourite music tracks by The Traveling Wilburys, and Roy Orbison died whilst it was being recorded but the rest of the group decided to finish it as a tribute - and if you have the DVD "The making of the Traveling Wilburys" the track has a very poignent ending.

Caz

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

MalcolmInN

Sadly taken by The Grim Reaper's   Beeching's scythe

Bikeracer

I've been with Virgin Media since before they took over ntlworld and have mostly been quite happy with them.
I have a fibre optic broadband and 24/7 phone call package and my bill is usually around £30.00 per month.

I've just had a letter to say that in February my bill will go up by £5.64,that's nearly a twenty percent increase.

Still I suppose it's okay to make people on a pension contribute to Mr Bransons next space project.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bikeracer on December 24, 2014, 12:45:46 PM

Still I suppose it's okay to make people on a pension contribute to Mr Bransons next space project.

Allan

He'd make a lot more people happy if he put this increase towards an N gauge Pendolino ::)

MalcolmInN

"Become Ballast"
"Gone the 6foot way"
"Ashes to ashes" (only if s/he was born in the steam era ?)

mark100

We had someone message us last night stating that my Dad had painted a loco in the incorrect livery and sent us photos of a Heljan DP2 IN 2 tone green only for us to Google it this morning and find that Heljan where wrong and had used Sherwood green on the sole bar.
I've spent at least an hour trying to find somewhere with decent daylight to rephotograph it whilst dragging a leg in plaster around to.
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

DesertHound

Went to a Marks & Spencers' Café (yes, Marks & Spencers) here in Dubai this afternoon for my favourite Scottish salmon and cream cheese bagel. Was very much looking forward to it since I haven't had one for a while.

Get to the counter and ask for my Scottish salmon and cream cheese bagle, almost drooling at the thought of it. Response was that they had no bagels left. No problem I replied, stick the salmon in a length of baguette (since half of the menu involved baguettes). Response was "sorry Sir, I cannot do that".

It would have been hilarious if it hadn't of been so infuriating.

:headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

jonclox

:( Gave in and started a course of steroids this morning to help with my breathing. Fed up with gasping for air 24/7 again so a quick course of tabs. should sort me out for a while   >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on January 04, 2015, 11:53:23 AM
:( Gave in and started a course of steroids this morning to help with my breathing. Fed up with gasping for air 27/7 again so a quick course of tabs. should sort me out for a while   >:(

It must be even more worrying for you to have 3 extra hours in the day than the rest of us then, Jon :doh:

Trainfish

More time for modelling though  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on January 04, 2015, 11:58:45 AM
Quote from: jonclox on January 04, 2015, 11:53:23 AM
:( Gave in and started a course of steroids this morning to help with my breathing. Fed up with gasping for air 27/7 again so a quick course of tabs. should sort me out for a while   >:(

It must be even more worrying for you to have 3 extra hours in the day than the rest of us then, Jon :doh:
:doh: I blame the tablets  :-[
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

sparky

Not posted on the angry thread as normally don't feel angry......just wanted to share my Xmas experience... We have a lovely Xmas tree with built in fairy lights....this year it eat up my remaining stock of spare bulbs and being a B&Q tree of some 10 years old I popped into the local branch to secure some spares...at the customer service desk a spotty oik told me "we don't sell em anymore as modern trees are all led or fibre optic"... peasant !

scotsoft

Quote from: sparky on January 04, 2015, 04:25:22 PM
Not posted on the angry thread as normally don't feel angry......just wanted to share my Xmas experience... We have a lovely Xmas tree with built in fairy lights....this year it eat up my remaining stock of spare bulbs and being a B&Q tree of some 10 years old I popped into the local branch to secure some spares...at the customer service desk a spotty oik told me "we don't sell em anymore as modern trees are all led or fibre optic"... peasant !

Now is your chance to update your tree and add some LED lights, there must be some going cheap in the sales somewhere, plus you could attach them to the branches before taking it down, then you are all ready for next year  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Agrippa

I thought trees with fairy lights had died out years ago, but then I don't bother
with Xmas decs too much. Poundshops were selling strings of leds on a wire
so these must be fairly common.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations