The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Shillabeer

I've done it too  :-[

I sent two locos to the wrong people.

Fortunately the recipients weren't away (that's one heck of a holiday!!) so I sent each of them postage money and they swaped locos.

Caz

Michael, that's what made me a little more suspicious, the long holiday, perhaps hoping I would forget about it by then but I have replied and requested the option to buy when they are returned.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Trainfish

I've done it too but it involved 3 buyers! I refunded their postage and paid them for the postage to send on to the correct buyer. Thankfully all 3 were very understanding and posted the items to the correct buyers.

I hope you get yours sorted out whiteswan.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

longbridge

The last thing I am worried about is the Bachmann price increase, our wonderful Aussie Blubberment handed down the Budget for 2014-15 last night.

Pensioners like SWMBO and my self will loose $1200au or 667 quid out of our pension per year, petrol is going up, we have to pay $7 for our first 10 visits to a doctor, prescriptions are going up plus a whole lot of other things to make life difficult, I know that some countries are worse of than we are but the cost of living is already a disgrace and making it worse is going to hurt.

Pleased to hear the rich folks had it tough as well, they will have to pay $1400au per annum if they are earning over $180,000 per year, thankfully this will only happen for four years then they will have made their contribution to Australia then they don't have to worry anymore, what a joke.

Thankfully I have bought nearly all the N Gauge stuff I need for my new layout because I don't think I will be buying much in the future.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Chatty

Quote from: longbridge on May 14, 2014, 01:18:15 AM
The last thing I am worried about is the Bachmann price increase, our wonderful Aussie Blubberment handed down the Budget for 2014-15 last night.

Pensioners like SWMBO and my self will loose $1200au or 667 quid out of our pension per year, petrol is going up, we have to pay $7 for our first 10 visits to a doctor, prescriptions are going up plus a whole lot of other things to make life difficult, I know that some countries are worse of than we are but the cost of living is already a disgrace and making it worse is going to hurt.

Pleased to hear the rich folks had it tough as well, they will have to pay $1400au per annum if they are earning over $180,000 per year, thankfully this will only happen for four years then they will have made their contribution to Australia then they don't have to worry anymore, what a joke.

Thankfully I have bought nearly all the N Gauge stuff I need for my new layout because I don't think I will be buying much in the future.

But Dave, you forgot to add that the pollies are doing it tough as well.  It was really naughty of you not to mention that.

Their pay is frozen for a year.  Now be fair backbencher's are going to struggle on their salary of around $250,000 pa.  Of course their spouses, er sorry electorate manager, will be able help them out on their salary of around $80,000.

However, look on the bright side, last time their salaries were frozen under the Howard regime for 12 months, when they were unfrozen they were given extra to make for the time they were frozen.  Sort of brings a tear to your eye doesn't it.

Not that I am cynical or anything like that, you know.

Kind regards

Geoff
Have you hugged your locomotive today.

longbridge

:smiley-laughing: Sorry about that Geoff. you are right the poor old pollies are doing it tough as well, poor devils.

Personally I cant figure out how they manage to sleep at night when they hit the most vulnerable people in the country, they have no heart.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Malc

That's the trouble with "professional" politicians. They have never had a proper job and don't really understand those of us that had to work for a living on a much smaller income than MPs.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Sipat

Miley Cyrus... That is all...

Geoff

Quote from: Steve Purves on May 14, 2014, 09:21:04 AM
Miley Cyrus... That is all...

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

she is a little inspiration isn't she.
Geoff

Sprintex

MikeDunn

Tdm

More frustrated and annoyed than angry.

Most of my model rail purchases I make through Hattons and have no problems, however they don't always have in stock what I want so I look to other suppliers.

When I checked Osborns for what I wanted they do have everything in stock that I am currently looking for so I put what I wanted into my basket with them. However when I come to complete the order they don't list Tenerife nor the Canary Islands in their list of Countries needed to calculate the zero VAT rate, and I remember that I had a similar problem the last time I ordered from them back in February.
Had to resolve the problem then over the phone and they said they would update their Website to include the Canaries in future, but they haven't. Sent them an email over the latest problem more than a day ago, but still not had a reply (by either email or phone).

Since last September I have spent a considerable amount of money on my first N gauge layout, but it seems some suppliers make it difficult to place an order from a foreign Country whilst with others it is easy.

If Osborns don't want my business I shall go elsewhere for all future purchases.
I am probably the only one on here who lives in the Canaries, so I doubt if anyone else has such a problem. Spain has totally different Tax & VAT rates so it is no good me selecting Spain as my Country of residence.

Tank

I hope you can get it sorted out. :thumbsdown:

Newportnobby

Sorry to hear that, Terry :(
I really don't know how to help :hmmm:

P.S. Disk collected from Lynn this morning - I'll let you know how I get on via PM
:thankyousign:

kevin141

Just got back from vets without my dog had to have him put to sleep he had the big C heart broken
kevin141
Good dinner

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations