The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

Doubt there is much can be done.
I've sent a complaint,contacted Watchdog and my local MP.

Went into the local branch and had a bit of a vent in there,not shouting or anything just talking to a manager in there,he also thinks it's disgusting.
I told him it was nothing personal but he worked for a  s**t  organisation,at least it made some customers smile.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

tim-pelican

Santander are firmly on my "will not deal with" list.  I opened an "on-line" savings account (might have been a cash ISA) over the web, filled out all details, account opened, no questions asked.  I transferred money into it quite merrily, electronically, all of which deposits they accepted no questions asked.  When I went to make a withdrawal, again on-line, it being explicitly marketed as an on-line account and all, they *finally* decided that I need to go into a branch with two forms of photo ID, get it witnessed by the manager, photocopied, sent off to head office and wait another couple of weeks for processing before I could have *my* money back.  Given that the reason I do my banking on-line (or by telephone, at a push), is that I pretty much have to take a day off work to visit them in the tiny window of opportunity they condescend to open, I was not best pleased.

Needless to say I didn't just make the withdrawal I originally planned, but closed the account and will *never* do business with them again.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bikeracer on April 01, 2014, 02:21:40 PM
Anyway,Santander want £79.50 just to change the name to me and if I sell them another £50.00 on top,a total of about 30% of the value.

Fish out the original terms and conditions of the account. If it is not explicitly on the original terms and conditions then tell them to get it fixed or you will go to the financial ombudsman. You do need to wait I believe its 8 weeks from the start of a mess before doing so.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

while you are at it, review whether the estate has any outstanding PPI or other claim opportunities to use as a further pointy stick.

Santander are btw all over the internet for this kind of behaviour.

Going via the ombudsman anyway isn't a bad idea. And if they try and brush you off annoy the ombudsman until the decide it is easier to deal with your case than try and shove you under the carpet.

Remember Santander has to pay people to answer letters and the phone, to process complaints and to deal with the ombudsman so it shouldn't be too hard to make it cheaper to give in ;-)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

Thanks Alan,

Unfortunately i have none of that information about the shares,my wife had them originally I believe as Alliance and Leicester shares.
Any information about them is now long gone.

Allan

ozzie Bill.

Allan, you can contact the original firm, Alliance and ask them for 2 things. 1) details regarding disposal under the original purchase and 2) changes to details, as notified to the shareholder, at the point of transfer to the other mob. HTH, Bill.

Bikeracer

Some good news I hope.
I have received a letter from Santander in reply to the complaints I made.

Basically I have to send them a "small estate form" and they will waive the £79.00 fee.

I had to Google to get the form,but it's now filled in and put in a pre-paid envelope they sent,so I'll post it today and see what happens next.

It seems that there will only be a charge for selling them which as I know is pretty standard,so I think I'll keep them and get the small amount of dividend that they get.

Allan

Agrippa

Good news, hope they do what you mentioned. Small shareholdings can be bought/sold  at low cost
through a lot of brokers , check out these money expert sites etc.

A friend of mine had various accounts in whoever was taken over by Santander (Abbey Nat?) .
He had accounts which had been trouble free for years then suddenly when Santander took over
they made a hash of everything they touched.

Regarding funds held by deceased relatives when my dad died he had deposits with Dunfermline Building
Society (soon to pack in), and I was administering his estate. They wanted to know if I had confirmation,
a Scottish legal procedure to deal with estates, I told them it wasn't needed due to the size of the estate
so they changed his name to mine on the spot and I drew out the cash.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Tank

Quick version of events....  I caught a student stealing lots of cakes today.  I told him that we were going to see his head of year and he went berserk. ::)  I then find out that he has 'issues', and an email was sent out a few weeks ago not to approach him.  So now I feel like I'm in trouble for stopping him getting away with it.  Weekend ruined, thanks. >:(

Geoff

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2014, 09:09:06 PM
Quick version of events....  I caught a student stealing lots of cakes today.  I told him that we were going to see his head of year and he went berserk. ::)  I then find out that he has 'issues', and an email was sent out a few weeks ago not to approach him.  So now I feel like I'm in trouble for stopping him getting away with it.  Weekend ruined, thanks. >:(

Issues or not he stole cakes, and for anyone stating to leave him to his own devices is surely more dangerous for all around him.
Geoff

Bikeracer

He ought to have an issue with getting a boot out of his backside.
Either that or free cakes for everyone.

Oh I forgot we have to let people with issues walk all over everyone else.It's time some of these bleeding hearts got a life.

Allan

guest311

being a grumpy old git, I'm afraid that in my day, he'd have had an appointment with his headmaster and a cane, issues or not.

might not have been PC, but you soon learnt right from wrong, to obey the rules, and a healthy respect for authority.

but as we all know, no one is responsible for their own actions any more, and there is always some bleeding heart do gooder there to mollycoddle them, rather than them being taken to task.

I have tried the 'I've got issues' trick with SWMBO in the past, usually when she's intecepted a parcel from Liverpool, but it didn't do me any good at all, I still ended up in the doghouse  :hmmm:

perhaps I'm too old to be able to have issues any more  :-[

so, Tank, just remember ....

Illegitimae non carborundum  :smiley-laughing:

Chetcombe

Quote from: class37025 on April 04, 2014, 11:46:30 PM

so, Tank, just remember ....

Illegitimae non carborundum  :smiley-laughing:

Had to confess that despite my O-level in Latin in the dim and distant past, I had to look this mock-Latin aphorism up...

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

(non latin scholars can follow the attached link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegitimi_non_carborundum )
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Tank

Thanks gents.  Well, just Monday to get through, then they're all away for two weeks.  Still annoyed though.  Maybe next time I should do what the teachers do and just look the other way.....   ::)

Malc

It's a difficult situation Chris, but if you look the other way, they think they can get away with anything. That can lead to more trouble for someone else. I must admit to belonging to the old school of spare the rod.... He needs a good slapping to get rid of his "issues"
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Speaking as a retired high school teacher I'm staying out of this one....  8)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations