The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

Today, I decided that the weather was too nice to be outside, so decided to fit the new toilet seat (the old one had cracked and bit my thigh!). Old one came off, no problem, and new one fitted easily, but could not tighten the plastic nuts by hand, so had to use a small adjustable bike spanner. Did the job, laying on my back with my arm on the floor and hand up the back of the loo. Stood up, and SWMBO asked my how I had got myself so filthy. Looked at my arm and covered in slimy brown stuff. Yes, the thick rubber pipe from loo to outside pipe had split at one end, and was leaking onto the floor - nasty. Temp, possibly permanent, repair with gaffer tape.

Tank

Quote from: Kipper on June 02, 2013, 07:11:03 PM
Yes, the thick rubber pipe from loo to outside pipe had split at one end, and was leaking onto the floor - nasty. Temp, possibly permanent, repair with gaffer tape.

Oh no, not nice at all!!!

Quote from: NeMo on June 02, 2013, 07:00:29 PM
You have my sympathies!

Many thanks!  It could have been worse I suppose.  Glad to hear that you god yourself sorted out....although ten days must have been a nightmare.

Bealman

Well I guess it was only water, and with your warm weather coming on it should dry out reasonably quickly.

When I say it was only water, I'm referring to a problem with wall cavities we've had here (only twice in 32 years, thankfully). We live right next to a creek, and managed to get a rat up in the roofspace which has fallen down into the wall cavity and carked it there. You can imagine the stink, but there's nothing to be done until it eventually rots away completely.....  :sick2:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chetcombe

Quote from: Bealman on June 02, 2013, 11:10:59 PM
Well I guess it was only water, and with your warm weather coming on it should dry out reasonably quickly.

When I say it was only water, I'm referring to a problem with wall cavities we've had here (only twice in 32 years, thankfully). We live right next to a creek, and managed to get a rat up in the roofspace which has fallen down into the wall cavity and carked it there. You can imagine the stink, but there's nothing to be done until it eventually rots away completely.....  :sick2:

Ouch :( I think your Aussie experience with beasties and critters beats what we get on the US East Coast. Squirrels, groundhogs, skunks, raccoons, possums we can cope with... Rats we only get in the city thank god, but they do seem to be everywhere. Was walking past the Four Seasons Hotel in Philly last week at dusk and there were more rats than guests in their BMWs and Mercedes :laugh3:

Mike
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

Yukko! I must admit we've never seen a rat around here in all the time we've lived here, but we did hear them up there those couple of times and definitely smelt 'em!

On a happier note, I see you've posted your vids. I've just got to pop out but I'll have a squizz at them when I get back.  :thumbsup:

Sounds like the rats in Philly are pretty well-heeled. ;D

George

Chetcombe

Quote from: Bealman on June 03, 2013, 02:40:01 AM

Sounds like the rats in Philly are pretty well-heeled. ;D

George

Well some of them eat well at least :beers:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

MikeDunn

Quote from: Kipper on June 02, 2013, 07:11:03 PM
Yes, the thick rubber pipe from loo to outside pipe had split at one end, and was leaking onto the floor - nasty. Temp, possibly permanent, repair with gaffer tape.
Mmmmm, nice  :laughabovepost:

Were I you - I'd check the various diameters (exit of loo, pipe hole in wall etc) & high-tail it down to a supplier for a flexi waste pipe; I had to replace the upstairs loo last year & used one of these to form a 90 degree pipe (couldn't find a suitable one for love not money  :confused1:) & it's worked a treat !  Flexi is great, as you can adjust the pipe and not the loo etc (especially handy when the loo is fixed down !)

Mike

MikeDunn

Spent the past 2 week-ends sorting out the external kitchen door opening ... :'(

Side panel last week-end (deep joy  :hmmm:) and the actual door this week-end (even deeper  :doh:).  Previous owners seem to have mucked up making this, and we're having to fix it all now  :thumbsdown:

On the plus side - will be undercoated by close tonight, and should be finished with a nice new paint colour late this week  :thumbsup:.  I tried to go for LNER Blue, but when I worked out the price for 2 litres from Precision Paints ...  :goggleeyes:  :smiley-laughing:

MikeDunn

Spoke too soon ... "Don't you think you could do those horrible side panels the same as the others you've done nicely ?" floated the words ...

So - now the door panel is too large (1 coat of undercoat  :o damn door !) so I have to fiddle more tomorrow to get it fitting better than tonight's bodge just to get it in & closed up, and there's a pair of side panels that need proper fitting too ... let alone undercoating (they get that in situ  :P)

More expense, as I have to get 2 more lengths of beading for these  :doh:

Mike

Bealman

Sounds like you're having tons of fun.

When is a door not a door?

When it's ajar.........  :whistle:

I'll go quietly.

guest311

Royal B****y Mail  >:(

posted some documents off 1st class recorded on 27th may, receipt says next day delivery, but not too pushed, the following day will do..........

checked Saturday on tracking site and 'still in our system'

e-mailed their "customer services" but as of five minutes ago still no reply.

checked the tracking again this lunchtime, and still in their "system"  :veryangry:

phoned their customer service number, 08457 of course so I pay to complain about their lousy service, loads of menus to 'enable us to connect you to the right customer assistant' who then tells me that it's not missing till is 15 days adrift, and no I can't claim compensation. :veryangry:

obviously RM don't run the customer care courses I had to attend as an AA patrol .. 'own the problem'....'don't say what you can't do, say what you can and will do'

no, just absolute apathy !

lost my rag totally and suggested they start a new service "maybe delivered sometime or maybe not, we don't give a s***, and charge £50 for the privalage of getting your post lost, and change to a premium rate number for complaints so they get even more profit from their lousy  service   :veryangry: :veryangry:

slammed the phone down before I started swearing, then realised that they will probably take up my suggestion. :dunce:

so, in advance, appologies for the new RM service soon to be introduced  >:D

lionwing

Royal Mail suck...there are far too many examples of your problem that they really don't give a monkey's about!

They know how to charge as well!

I'ill do my best to avoid sending any parcels by them and always look at other courier services!
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

EtchedPixels

1st Recorded is "aim to deliver next working day including Saturday"

Special delivery is "guaranteed" (and you can then claim compensation) plus the system knows where it is sort of. Recorded it's simply 'in the system' (and frequently it's not even marked as delivered when it has been - which is itself a serious ebay fraud problem)

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

Annoyed with self. My latest purchase from Shapeways arrived this morning and I had ordered the item in the wrong scale  Ho m instead of Nm. Dohnew brain time. Loverly model but way too big.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations