The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Might as well use them as stores - by the time they are commissioned they will be obsoleted by drones anyway and all you'll need is to throw them out of a submarine and dive again.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pengi

'Have yourself a Merry little Christmas'. I hate this song!! :thumbsdown:  It  seems to be on the radio, TV, everywhere with some artiste trying to win the competition for the schmaltziest, corniest, slushiest, gooiest, most puke inducing song ever :sick:

Bring back the Darkness!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

daveg

Having been made redundant 8 times in a 'career' that lasted from 1964 to 2011, I have more than sympathy for those that are facing such a prospect.

Good luck and may the fates be kind to you all.

Dave G

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: class37025 on December 21, 2012, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on December 21, 2012, 10:40:01 PM
Maybe, one day, the MOD will make their ******* minds up and actually make a decision based on actual security requirements rather than penny pinching  :veryangry:

steady on there, you'll be expecting them to get value for money next !

I'm surprised they haven't decided, in view of the increased number of noise complaints at Brize now that the Hercs are there, 

Sure the folks of Lyneham would welcome them back ! Seriously !
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Lawrence

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on December 22, 2012, 11:37:00 AM
Quote from: class37025 on December 21, 2012, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on December 21, 2012, 10:40:01 PM
Maybe, one day, the MOD will make their ******* minds up and actually make a decision based on actual security requirements rather than penny pinching  :veryangry:

steady on there, you'll be expecting them to get value for money next !

I'm surprised they haven't decided, in view of the increased number of noise complaints at Brize now that the Hercs are there, 

Sure the folks of Lyneham would welcome them back ! Seriously !

Not so much Lyneham Jerry, there's not much there as I recall, but certainly placed like R W Bassett, Calne, Chippenham and some of the smaller hamlets will certainly be missing the buzz around the old beehive.
About the only things that never get cut are the amount of hangers on in the MOD & Civil service in central government time for cuts on bureaucracy methinks.  No politician is feeling the squeeze either and most of them are not fit for purpose anyway so lets cut them too, if I work away from home I have to pay my own way, not get the public to pay for it, anyway surely they could do PMQs on Skype now  ;D

Trainfish

Definitely bring the Hercs back to Lyneham where they belong. Living in Devizes we used to see them a lot and in a strange kind of way we miss them. The noise was never an issue, let's face it the planet is a lot noisier these days anyway so a few Hercs doesn't matter and personally I think it's quite a relaxing sound but then maybe I'm a bit weird. They also kept a lot of local people employed in the area as Lawrence said, add Devizes, Trowbridge, Melksham and Swindon to your list mate. We used to see them fly over the golf course and would stop and admire the sheer beauty and size of these monsters effortlessly cruising past at a low altitude.
Yes, if the people of Brize Norton and the surrounding areas don't like it then we'd take them back tomorrow, today even.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Lawrence

I see Tesco have hired a Herc to get supplies up to the Scottish Islands because the ferries can't hack the weather we are getting  :D only the MOD could say these wonderful aircraft are past it  ::) muppets!

Oldman

Great what timing all electric house abd now a power cut.  no kettle for a coffee to wake me up properly. cold xmas dinner may be on the cards yet.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Pengi

Quote from: Oldman on December 25, 2012, 08:01:03 AM
Great what timing all electric house abd now a power cut.  no kettle for a coffee to wake me up properly. cold xmas dinner may be on the cards yet.

That is rotten luck - hope they get the power back soon.

It had started to ease up here but now another heavy downpour - luckily I'm not in one of the flood danger areas but you wonder how much rain the ground will take.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

jonclox

We have power etc and are not flooded but looking across at the field behind us I can say a vey slight pond growing on its surface.......that means that when it gets to about 3" deep we can expect our road to start early stages of flooding :worried: and its still raining  :uneasy:

Modified to say that now(10 minutes later) its stopped raining and tinges of blue sky showing through)  :claphappy: :claphappy:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

jonclox

I avoid a certain PC shop like the plague. Not going to name them but 'World' comes into their name somewhere.
On very rare occasions when I know exactly what I am looking for I will go to them,pay their OTT prices and get out the door without having to explain to the pet monkey who tried to serve me that I was OK and knew what I wzas after etc. etc.
In despiration to get sons PC up and running again after it being **cked all over Christmas we went down to the shop, money in hand and exact motherboard model number in hand. In despiration Mrs JC asked where abouts the motherboards etc were to be told by 'a manager' that they no longer stocked such items as they were rather techie for the staff to sell  :doh:.
He then quoted a whole range of components that PC Ripoff ***ld no longer stocked but if we took the whole PC in they would send it away and get it all sorted out and working for us  >:(
Son seeing that I was about to explode wisely rushed my wheelchair out of the store.
What a waste of space that place is now....you have been warned
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MikeDunn

What do you expect for Currys though ?

I won't cry when this chain follows Comet ... and Dixons ...

Newportnobby

There would be an awful lot of employees who'd be crying, though.

Paul B

Maybe I was just lucky then?

Last year, after discovering that the graphics board on my old computer wouldn't cope with the Railworks Train Simulator I had got for Christmas, SWMBO and I went to 'the unmentionable shop', with the intention of getting my PC a new graphics board, and looking for a new PC for her (her 7 year old PC would no longer cope with photo editing.)

Looking at the components, we settled on the board that would get my PC working OK - but the cost was rather high for a PC that was 3 years old anyway. "Well why don't you just buy a new PC for yourself - and I can have your old one, as it is better than mine?" she said. "What a great idea!" I agreed - so we looked around, and found something suitable, which would work out cheaper than my original plan too!

Although they tried selling me extra bits ("No I have a monitor - and anti-virus software - and a back-up drive, thank-you.") I came out with just the PC tower, and it has now given me nearly a year of hassle-free computing. And I am not a 'techie-type' but can at least "usually" get computers to do what I want them to do!

...and SWMBO is very happy with my old PC, as it works better than her old one and the graphics card is up to her photo editing software!

Although they do usually say that if something is due to go wrong it will be just outside the first year guarantee don't they???  :worried:  But, if it does go wrong, I won't take it back there for them to repair - I have had tooo many horror stories about that!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on December 30, 2012, 02:57:09 PM
There would be an awful lot of employees who'd be crying, though.

Indeed, as they would all have to retrain to become computer salespeople  :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations