It must be nearly Xmas:

Started by Tdm, November 24, 2014, 06:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

And another sign it's almost Xmas - the misses has told me we need to go to Iceland (called Overseas here) this afternoon to get 100 mince pies and sausage roles etc., for the Xmas eve Party we hold in our Reception area.

Other owners on site volunteer to make the Sangria we give out as well on Xmas Eve, but before all attendees get their mince pies and sausage rolls and drinks - they have to join in the Carol singing first, then afterwards it's dancing music and games.

One of the favourite Xmas Eve games on site is placing a bottle of Spirits in the middle of the dance floor, and the person who can roll a rubber egg closest to it wins the booze. Those rubber eggs have a mind of their own and it is far more difficult than you might think, especilaly if you've had a few Sangrias beforehand.

One of the advantages of liviing in a community complex is that for once at Xmas
everybody seems to forget their grievances and join in the Xmas spirit, and our Xmas Eve party is open to holidaymakers staying here as well, and we get lots of regular repeat visitors at this time of year.

steve836

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Tdm

Quote from: steve836 on November 25, 2014, 02:14:40 PM
Quote from: Agrippa on November 25, 2014, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: MikeDunn on November 25, 2014, 11:37:24 AM
Quote from: Geoff on November 25, 2014, 10:19:08 AM
Just want to see my Grand son's face on Christmas morning, nothing else matters.
Can't you just use a torch ?  :P
:laughabovepost: RAFLMAO

What?

Perhaps it means Royal Air Force Lost Mid Atlantic Ocean

Whatever happened to the English Language.
If someone speaks to you or sends a message in normal English these days you know they are a foreigner who have learn't the language.

Personally don't like "text shortcut speak" - it is destroying our language.

Agrippa

Unfortunately nothing to do with the RAF, it's " Rollling about floor laughing my **** off".
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

steve836

Quote from: Tdm on November 25, 2014, 05:04:27 PM

Whatever happened to the English Language.
If someone speaks to you or sends a message in normal English these days you know they are a foreigner who have learn't the language.

Personally don't like "text shortcut speak" - it is destroying our language.

I don't agree.   Do you not remember back in the 60's acronyms such as SWALK ,NORWICH etc.  Each generation has something similar, its just that texting on a mobile is so laborious that acronyms are becoming more widespread an tending to move into other formats. I find that typing is slow( I still am dependent on the hunt and peck method) so use them too it's just that I am not up to speed on them.

MikeDunn

I sure as heck did not say that  ??? ??? ???

steve836

Sorry mike-left too many quotes in. Have rectified.

MikeDunn

Agrippa

Thread going awry time to close ?
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

steve836

Quote from: Trainfish on November 25, 2014, 11:00:53 PM
Have I missed Christmas then?

Yes but we'll have another one next month just for you! :D

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Did you write a letter to Santa yet?

Trainfish

I'm not bothering this year. The last one must have got lost in the post and the Royal Mail wouldn't even offer any compensation as I never had a proof of posting receipt. You can't get those from pillar boxes as far as I know.
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations