Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madann01 and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Papyrus

Very sorry to hear that, @emjaybee . She was a handsome cat (but then, I've had 3 all-black cats, so I'm biased...) and you obviously gave her a good life.

All best wishes,

Chris

grumbeast

So sorry for your loss, We lost Bumpy earlier this year so my heart goes out to you.

Graham

Hailstone

Quote from: emjaybee on October 04, 2022, 12:28:39 AM
Monday 3rd October

I took the decision this morning to have our cat, Chaos, put to sleep. She fell asleep in my arms at home this morning.

She'd had quite the life, the equivalent of 90 human years. She, and her late sister Mayhem, came to us as five week old feral kittens via the local vets way back in 2004. Over the last few years she'd been diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease, hyperthyroidism, irritable bowel disease, she'd thrown two blood clots, and had a small stroke. Despite all that, she still had a good quality of life and loved being around us. The last few weeks her mobility had decreased and age finally caught up with her.

Chaos was a very affectionate cat, and loved nothing more than a cuddle and was content to be carried around the house or draped across me on the sofa. Many of you knew her from the Tuesday Zoom sessions where she frequently made an appearance.

She will leave a big hole that will fill with all the happy memories she has given us.

Sadly missed, but never to be forgotten.

So sorry to hear of this Mike, I hope that you will in time find another companion for your other cat

All the best,

Alex

Papyrus

RIP Jasmine...

Today we took the Queen of the House, the Alley-cat that thought she was a Princess, the Goddess who turned all furnishings white, on her final one-way journey to the vet. She was probably about 17; we got her from the Cats Protection League at about 2 years old. She had been found as a pregnant stray and produced 4 all-white kittens before she came to us. She was always still semi-wild. It took literally months before she settled down enough that we could let her out without terrorising some neighbour's cat twice her size. Fortunately, our dog at the time, a 40kg Spinone, was big enough to look after himself and they more or less ignored each other, but she gave each new dog that came into the house a few swipes around the face to put them in their place! She grew quite fond of our next dog, Markie, and used to catch small rodents and give them to him, whereupon he would carry it round with a thin tail dangling from his mouth!

Our biggest regret was that she never curled up on anybody's lap. She remained a very aloof, self-contained cat until about 2 years ago when her health started to fail and she lost half her body weight. The vet kept her going with fortnightly antibiotic injections and she suddenly became much more affectionate. Then about a week ago, her appetite dropped off completely and she ate little more than a teaspoonful of food at a time. It was obvious her zest for life had gone so we took the decision that the time had come to say goodbye. Fortunately, we still have 2 dogs so the house won't feel too empty, but we shall miss her.

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

So sorry to hear that Chris. There comes a time in just about every pet lovers life when 'that' decision has to be made. It never gets any easier, no matter how many times it happens. 'Jasmine' was a lovely looking cat and seems to have had a good life - her way!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

emjaybee

Chris,

So sorry to hear your news. Take comfort from the knowledge that you gave her a safe and happy home and a comfortable life.

Best regards,

Michael.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

Most of us are unhappy to return from holiday but to return from a week in Egypt with an unexpected souvenir wasn't what I had planned. Been feeling pretty crap for the past 3 days or so and this is the reason why:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

2 days later and I'm adding to my unwanted collection

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Are you still feeling crook? Those things could be past their use by date.

You're supposed to turf them, by the way, not collect them  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

I'm not sure if I'm still feeling 'crook' as I don't what that means. I am however feeling pretty damn rough.

My wife is a nurse who is also part of the vaccination booster program, she stabs people (that's what I call it anyway) twice a week when not on holiday and has done over 1000 in the past few weeks. I had a jab scheduled for Thursday but had to cancel it of course and now I'm banned from there for at least 4 weeks apparently. Do you really think I would be allowed to use out of date tests? These have an expiry date of January 2024.

I'm not really collecting them as such but I do need to send pictures to my employer as proof  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Bealman

OK John, no offense meant.

Crook in Australia means sick or at least not well.

The only reason I stuck use by date on there is because I regularly take stuff that's been in the cupboard for years.

Anyway, more to the point, how're feeling?

Hopefully better soon! :beers:

Trainfish

No offence taken George although it may have read that way.

It appears thay yes, I am feeling crook then.

Back when Covid was 'fashionable' we were able to claim 2 packs of 7 tests twice a week so that's what I did. I tested twice a week so of course I had some surplus. I have given some to others who need them as we have to pay for them these days but I still have enough left  :thumbsup:

I won't go into graphic detail but believe me when I say I'm feeling rough from top to bottom. Read into that what you will  :goggleeyes:
John

<*))))><

Bealman

MinZaPint

When I had my brush with the bug I had 1 day really rough 2 days not so good and the rest of the time like a bad bout of flu, lasted about a fortnight. Worst bit was it knackered my Beer buds for a while, all back to normal now, just off to the pub to check  :beers:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on October 23, 2022, 11:19:05 AM

I won't go into graphic detail but believe me when I say I'm feeling rough from top to bottom. Read into that what you will  :goggleeyes:

Hopefully it won't be too long before your top and bottom stop feeling rough.  ;)

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations