Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBQFC, Malc, Train Waiting and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Malc

I had a colonoscopy, followed a few days later by a gastroscopy. I asked the guy doing the procedure if it was the same kit they used for the colonoscopy. He said it was but they did give it a wipe with a greasy rag first.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

joe cassidy

What goes up must come down  :)

NinOz

Not a great start to my Christmas day.  Got bitten in my armpit by an assassin bug, must have picked it up while getting some blueberries from the bush in the garden.  Startling pain, chunk taken out my skin, swelling and persistent throbbing pain which can last for a day or so.

Oh well, novel experience, never bitten by one before.  About the same as a sting from a Bull Ant (big primitive ant about an inch long).
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

steve836

So glad I don't live in Oz, most of the native fauna seems to hate people!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

Quote from: NinOz on December 25, 2021, 03:44:20 AM
Startling pain, chunk taken out my skin, swelling and persistent throbbing pain which can last for a day or so.

Hopefully it soon improves.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

Ah well, Christmas will be a quiet affair today as the other grand-dad has tested positive for Covid! :veryangry:

The reason for the anger is that they (the other grandparents) had the grandkids over to stay for three days last week just after the oldies had been on a trip to Norwich for a few days, and after the kids went home they went out to a Pub quiz night! :o. Worst of all they knew a lateral flow test was positive on Thursday morning, with a confirmation PSA result given yesterday. Jeezus H! :censored:

So we can't go over to see the grandkids today as planned and so will have to make do with a makeshift dinner at home as all our Christmas-type food is still in the freezer. :(

I'm really angry about it as Sheila has not been able to see them other than through windows or via Facetime for over a year now, and this Christmas  the rest of us had been so very careful to make sure all was as safe as possible.

Ah well, another Christmas will be conducted via the iPad and cold turkey and bubble and squeak will be on the menu at the grandkids house for rather longer than usual as dinner for nine had already been prepared.     

Heigh ho! And other words of Christmas joy.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

So sorry, Mike. That is just plain irresponsible behaviour from folks old enough to know better. Very selfish ::)

Bob G

I've never posted to this thread, but yesterday we got back from a well earned holiday and had arranged to talk to my mum in her care home at 4pm today.

Because we were away for 2 weeks including over Christmas we had already had an early Christmas dinner with her on our Wedding Anniversary (6 Dec). We collected her and brought her home. She is only 3 miles away but because of lockdown we have hardly seen her other than on Skype. She would have good days, and bad days.

She was not at all there on 6 Dec. In fact she wanted to eat her dinner on the couch rather than at the table. She didn't remember our wedding anniversary, and when told about it did not congratulate us on it. She didn't even want to eat with us. It was like sitting with a hollow shell of a person.

While we were away, the care home went into total lockdown. We tried to talk with her but today she would not not get out of bed or talk to us on Skype. We can't visit her.

In reality I lost my mum ten years ago when she had a bladder infection and after that she lost a lot of who she was. But she always used to recognise us and would participate in family activities. However she is now almost gone as a person.

It is an awful way to lose someone who had so much fight in her as a younger woman.

Bless you all, and whatever your faith, long may you be bright as stars. I would not wish this fate on anyone.

Bob

paulbeckwith

so  sorry  to  hear  this  bob  at  this  time  of  the  year  ........ when  all / most  of  us  will  be  celebrating  the  new  year  in 

there s   not  much  anyone  can  say  to  cheer  you  up  ...  hope  the  care  home  lockdown  ends  soon  and  you  can  visit  again

paul

Papyrus

So sorry to hear that, Bob - I know exactly how you are feeling. My mother went the same way a few years ago. She was in a care home that she liked, in fact she chose it, but she had a stroke and they weren't equipped to take care of her so she had to move to a nursing home which she never liked. I used to visit her every day but each time I went a little bit more was missing until eventually I was visiting an elderly stranger in bed - my Mum had long gone. She finally died just before Christmas 6 years ago. I wouldn't wish it on anybody, and you have my heartfelt sympathies for what you are going through.

All good wishes,

Chris

dannyboy

That is so sad Bob. Before my Mum passed away, she had periods of 'not being there'. She lived on her own in a sheltered housing place, so there was a warden who used to check on Mum a couple of times a day. My sister visited most days and my brother and myself would telephone 2 or 3 times a week, on alternate days. Yet it was quite heart breaking when she was talking to me and say things like, "Michael has not rung for weeks", when I knew that he had telephoned the day before. She used to make the same complaint to Michael about me never ringing. I won't go on, but there were lots of things that made us feel that we were losing her, as our Mum, slowly but surely. Take care and treasure what you do have.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

steve836

So sorry to hear about your mum. My sister-in-law died a couple of years ago from early onset altzheimers. It was not nice to see someone so vivacious become a hollow shell with only an occasional flash of recognition.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Skyline2uk

Well that's a great start to 2022.

Just noticed a damp patch on the floor next to a wall, behind which is our shower.

Hoping it's just some sealant no longer doing it's job, got a guy coming Wednesday.

However I really struggle with this sort of thing.

It sets me off and I start panicking.

2nd fault in the new house as well.

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

If it's just a damp patch then don't panic too much Adam. If it's spurting out of the wall then it's time to panic  :goggleeyes:

I'm sure it's nothing major and as you say, possibly some sealant needs replacing. Or possibly the waste pipe needs tightening. Have you cleaned out the trap in the shower?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Trainfish on January 03, 2022, 02:59:19 PM
If it's just a damp patch then don't panic too much Adam. If it's spurting out of the wall then it's time to panic  :goggleeyes:

I'm sure it's nothing major and as you say, possibly some sealant needs replacing. Or possibly the waste pipe needs tightening. Have you cleaned out the trap in the shower?

Funny enough we have not long de-clogged the waste pipe with some draino stuff.

I am sure it's not too bad, the damp is retreating rather than expanding so the leak must be from either the tray or the waste pipe (as the shower is obviously not on now).

If I was more confident I would try and tackle it myself but I will trust the pro who did my in-laws bathroom I think.

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations