Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20 and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

daffy

Quote from: dannyboy on December 10, 2021, 08:29:12 PM
For the last couple of days, I have been feeling 'a bit under the weather', with problems in the 'waterworks' department.  I went to the Doctors this morning and told him that I thought I had another bladder infection, as the symptoms were very similar to the last time. He took my temperature - yes, we were looking at a fever. He then tested a 'sample' - yes, blood present.  :'(. So the upshot is I am now on a two week course of antibiotics. Louisa asked me a while ago how I was feeling. I replied that I felt like an old man tonight, which elicited the reply, "You are an old man".  I mean, who needs enemies!  ;)

Sorry to hear you are under the weather David. Having had a bad UTI two years ago I know just how you must be feeling. Here's hoping it all clears up before the festive season begins. For now take it easy on the alcohol as it might make you forget to take the antibiotics. :D 
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on December 11, 2021, 08:48:10 PM

But did you guess who would be first?  :D :P

Let's just say you were in the top two!  :)

Quote from: daffy on December 11, 2021, 09:14:18 PM
Here's hoping it all clears up before the festive season begins. For now take it easy on the alcohol as it might make you forget to take the antibiotics. :D 

The Doctor gave me a 14 day supply of antibiotics, so,  taking the first tablet on 10th, 14 days supply = last tablet on the 23rd = roll on Christmas.  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

TrevL

Have you had a blood test David?
I, like you was often stuck with a UTI. Finally the Doc sent me for a "shuftyscope" but all was ok. However a bloodtest revealed I was pre-diabetic, and UTI's are a symptom. I lost 10% of my body weight which had the effect of putting my blood/sugar levels back to normal, hence no more pre-diabeties.  I've kept the weight off for almost two years now, and have had no more UTI's.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

dannyboy

Quote from: TrevL on December 13, 2021, 12:34:34 PM
Have you had a blood test David?

I have a blood test every six months or so, (thinking about it, I am probably due one in the new year), as I have to have my PSA levels checked regularly. Whilst I was at the Doctors on Friday, he did mention something that sounds like your "shuftyscope". If it is the same thing, I do not mind having the inside of my bladder looked at, but I most certainly do not fancy the route to get there, as described by the Doctor!  :goggleeyes:. It is interesting you mentioning diabetes, as my Sister has type 1, although diabetes has never been mentioned in previous results.  In more pleasant news, I am pleased to say that there is a, (very), slight improvement in my 'condition', but I still took a walk, (read 'fast trot'), along the hallway six times last night.  :)

Addit: Well done on losing the weight, it certainly would not do me any harm to lose a bit!
David.

daffy

Not had a 'shuftyscope' per se but have had a catheter which involves pretty much the same procedure of a long flexible tube going where even Captain Kirk has never boldly gone.

For me the insertion process was just odd, not uncomfortable, though a little disconcerting. Like all such insertions (I had a colonoscopy some years back), the procedure should really be viewed* as a great way to check all is a.o.k.
If it proves otherwise, it was better by far than alternatives involving knives and large gloved hands, :o

* The view of my colonoscopy was very real as I was watching the cameras' progress on 21 inch screen right next to me.!  :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Quote from: daffy on December 13, 2021, 01:36:27 PM
The view of my colonoscopy was very real as I was watching the cameras' progress on 21 inch screen right next to me.!  :)

Watching just what was happening would make it a lot more bearable - and interesting, for me.
David.

daffy

Just don't expect to see Raquel Welch, in or out of the Proteus. Most you'll see is body tissue in various shades of pink.  :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Shucks! But are the advert's any good?  :)
David.

daffy

Best we can expect at our age is ads for equity release, stair lifts and cremation or funeral plans. Usual cheerful stuff.

But they might offer to play you good music instead.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Can I just say I met @TrevL at the Warrington Show in 2019 and I have seen more fat on a butcher's pencil. I can only imagine, like many of us, he may have put on some timber during the Covid lockdowns (my excuse and I'm adhering to it) :)

dannyboy

:laughabovepost:

Only problem with that offering is that they don't seem to do equity release in Ireland and I live in a bungalow, but the cremation/funeral plans may be of interest ........  :no:

addit: NPN posted just before me, so the 'laugh at above post' is meant for @daffy  and @Newportnobby - can I use your excuse please?
David.

steve836

Not had a colonoscopy for over 30yrs but have had several endoscopes  over the last 3. Not so interesting, they usually give me a sedative and I sleep through the whole thing.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Trainfish

Quote from: dannyboy on December 13, 2021, 03:20:50 PM
Quote from: daffy on December 13, 2021, 01:36:27 PM
The view of my colonoscopy was very real as I was watching the cameras' progress on 21 inch screen right next to me.!  :)

Watching just what was happening would make it a lot more bearable - and interesting, for me.

I've had several colonscopes colonospocies colonopscies cameras up the bum and watched every one of them. The sedative helped and it was great viewing on the screen next to me. The weird thing if though that you don't feel anything inside due to the lack of nerve endings. Oh and removing polyps is also weird. They just get 'plucked off' again with no sense of feeling whatsoever  :o
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on December 13, 2021, 07:16:17 PM

cameras up the bum and watched every one of them.

Glad I have finished my tea!  :sick2:
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations