Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus, JBQFC and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Trainfish

You need to find out what that glue was. It could possibly be used on Peco sleepers as nothing else sticks those to anything  :confused1:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

NinOz

Huge (around 2.5m, thick as my forearm, living in the garden) carpet python killed my cat last night.
Buried her this morning. :'(
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

emjaybee

I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Michael.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

There's nothing we can say will make the loss anything less, but rest assured every pet owner on the forum (and there are lots) feels so sad for you.
6 months on and the loss of my cat is still very raw.

dannyboy

Mick @Newportnobby is spot on with his comments. It is always upsetting to loose a pet, but to loose your cat that way is a bit beyond my comprehension, living as I do in Ireland.  :(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Our youngest cat (2 years old) has disappeared. We've not seen him for just over a week and searching, knocking on doors, putting on the local area Facebook forum and leafletting the area has done no good. Hope is fading  :(

dannyboy

One of our very first cats when we moved to Ireland regularly used to go missing. He was a youngish cat and, once we got used to it, (and Louisa learned not to get upset!), we used to say he had gone 'walkabouts'. The longest he was 'missing' was about six weeks and he looked rather bedraggled when he eventually came home. Hopefully, your cat is just out exploring Steve.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

It's a good job my son's school trip to the battlefields of Alsace has been cancelled, as despite applying for a passport renewal months in advance, he still hasn't received it - although his older brother received his well over a month ago.

To add insult to injury, they now want more money off us, because the delay has meant that he has turned 16! Oh well, at least he'll get a 10 year one.

His passport was valid when the trip was due to take place, but then it was put back due to Covid. Again it was still due to be valid, but then it was put back again - and that meant that he'd have had less than three months left at the new date and it needed to be renewed.

Bob G

Quote from: stevewalker on October 30, 2021, 11:41:29 PM
It's a good job my son's school trip to the battlefields of Alsace has been cancelled, as despite applying for a passport renewal months in advance, he still hasn't received it - although his older brother received his well over a month ago.

To add insult to injury, they now want more money off us, because the delay has meant that he has turned 16! Oh well, at least he'll get a 10 year one.

His passport was valid when the trip was due to take place, but then it was put back due to Covid. Again it was still due to be valid, but then it was put back again - and that meant that he'd have had less than three months left at the new date and it needed to be renewed.

I've been lucky. I've just got a new passport after just 4 weeks. But I'm still waiting for my old one and my supporting info to be returned.
The new passport cover is rubbish compared to the previous one. Its already curled up and doesn't look like it will last a year let alone ten.

Hope you get your son's passport sorted out.

Bob

railsquid

Not looking forward to my new passport (whenever I get round to renewing it...)

Meanwhile... an exciting afternoon burnt to a cinder looking around for a new smartphone, trying to work out what is available at the "sweet point" between not-too-expensive and not-too-carp. I swear the average size is getting bigger every time I need to get a new one.

Annoying thing was, I was supposed to get one for Mrs. Railsquid as well, but not sure if the one I got would suit, so will if she decides it doesn't I'll have to send her out with instructions what kind of thing to look for (now I have an idea what's currently on the market).

emjaybee

It is bewildering. Changed mine last year, trying to change the wife's this year, and yes, they are getting bigger.

It's a veritable pita.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

thebrighton

There appeared to be a race to produce the smallest phone possible then suddenly it was all about the biggest screen possible. I'm sure there are now phones out there bigger than a tablet!

guest311

makes me glad I'm still a luddite.

I still use a flip phone, if it's good enouth for Jethro, it's good enough for me.

brrr, brrr 'hello'

tap actual keys  brr brr

simples, like me.

GAD

I agree they're getting bigger, but there's a good reason.

The big earner for the providers is data and the larger the screen the easier interwebby pages are read.

I bought the very first 'smartphone' that Orange made available*, it was their own 'brand', I've no doubt made for them by one of the big manufacturers.
The screen was tiny and only 30-40% of the size of the phone, so text was difficult to read.
That would be around about the year 2000. So as computers are getting smaller and tablets do many things computers used to do, so phones are getting larger and do most of the things tablets used to do.

*I worked for them and there was a huge subsidy on the staff rate.

Dorsetmike

Quote from: class37025 on November 06, 2021, 09:50:23 AM
makes me glad I'm still a luddite.

I still use a flip phone, if it's good enouth for Jethro, it's good enough for me.

brrr, brrr 'hello'

tap actual keys  brr brr

simples, like me.
Sorry, a real luddite (like myself) does not have any form of "mobile" phone, pad, pod nor tablet: I've managed without one for 87 years so see no reason to start now.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations