Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madann01 and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

dannyboy

There are plenty of comments above about how you have plenty of friends on here John and I agree with them all. This Covid thing has, fortunately, not affected me personally in that way, but a favourite Aunt of Louisa's had a stroke and, whilst in hospital, caught the virus and sadly passed away. Her name was Maria and was Louisa's last remaining link to her Italian origins and what made it worse was the fact that she could not go back to the UK for the funeral. A lot of things have been said about the Covidiots, so I will not add to them, but there are a lot of people feeling your anger - and pain. Raise another glass to your friend John.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

Sorry John

Please be kind to yourself mate

Skyline2uk

Papyrus

I'm really sorry for you, John. 61 is far too young an age, anyway, and the manner of his passing only makes it worse. We feel relatively unscathed here. Only one person we know has succumbed, and that was my favourite aunt who died from covid in January. She was 88, so had had a good life, but I will have to miss her funeral.

And some people complain because they can't go on holiday...

All the best,

Chris

Trainfish

Every 1 of you guys is amazing, thanks. I'm having a really rough day today as it's just about sunk in that we'll never enjoy a pint and a bit of banter again. I don't feel ashamed to admit that I've shed more than a tear or 2 today. Thanks again all.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

REGP

John

When we lose a close friend or mentor, part of them lives on in you, from those unspoken lessons you learnt from them just being themselves.

Ray

steve836

Quote from: Trainfish on February 11, 2021, 01:37:50 PM
Every 1 of you guys is amazing, thanks. I'm having a really rough day today as it's just about sunk in that we'll never enjoy a pint and a bit of banter again. I don't feel ashamed to admit that I've shed more than a tear or 2 today. Thanks again all.

That's what friends are for!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Foxhound

Quote from: Trainfish on February 11, 2021, 01:37:50 PM

I'll raise a glass to your pal tonight, John. So sorry to hear your news. I've just sat through a meeting at work about how we reopen our cancer ward after the second brush with the virus in the last six months - and it's bloody hard knowing that the people we are caring for have had the fear of this to deal with let alone what they're already trying to come to terms with.

Have a beer and run a few trains tonight, blow the cobwebs away. He'd want you to.
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Bob G

John

Sorry mate
Just seen your message.
Be gentle on yourself. Nothing you can do about it.
I just wish we could make the necessary political decisions a bit faster and not have to worry about placating rebel MPs, and maybe we might just get out of this mess.
Covid is not something that should be politicised but it is, none the less.

Bob

Trainfish

I just need to get this off my chest regarding Alan. You will see from the messages and pictures in the link below what a great guy Alan was. I feel a lot 'better' about it today but I know that there will be challenging days ahead. As I think I said previously, apart from family this is the closest person and best friend I have ever lost. He was good to me over the years, he was my boss when he lent me some money to buy my first house, also gave me loads of time off work (fully paid) when I lost my father and many other events. Just a fantastic guy all round. I just wish I could meet up for a beer with Pete his brother. I could tell you loads of funny/scary stories about the time all 3 of us spent together over the 40+ years we have known each other.
Sorry for 'going on' about Alan but it's my way of dealing with such a tragic and unexpected loss.

RIP Alan Moore, or AGM as I would usually call him.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Alan seems to have been held in high regard and remembered with affection by a lot of people.  Always sad when such a person leaves this world. I am sure a lot of forumites will agree when I say we do feel your pain.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

I've only discovered this and now realise my Antipodean silliness has been coming at a bad time. Please accept my condolences and apologies.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

I saw no sillyness mate. Even if I did I wouldn't take a fence . I may be a little Mary right now so I'm off to bed and will check my posts  in the morning as it's not always accurate when using my foam in the lift with voice recognition  and I May be a little tiddler ex clam Asian Mark
John

<*))))><

Trainfish

Just remembered I posted the above rather late last night/early this morning. I think either I or my phone needs a software update  :doh:
John

<*))))><

guest311

or maybe both :smiley-laughing:

glad to see you survived the night.

Trainfish

I did indeed survive and now I'm going back to the loft for more.

I've now got another unhappiness. See below for my picture of non-working locomotives. What do they have in common?

Yes, they're all ruddy Dapol! I find the Dapol locos always look good but they're certainly not without their problems are they? The latest addition was the class 33 last night. Just stopped running. No excess heat, no smoke, no movement. The lights work though. I had a quick look inside but there was nothing obviously wrong. I did find a switch to turn off the headcode lights front and rear though. I didn't know this existed. I suppose I'll have to have a Dapol fixing day soon. Or at least an attempt to fix.
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations