Started by Alex, September 10, 2012, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Ok, I caved in last night. I opened up a Facebook account.  :sorrysign:

MikeDunn

Why  :confused2:

Farcebook is as bad as Tw@tter ...

Trainfish

How old are you? 12? I hope you've posted what you had for dinner today and every movement you've made since you signed up or you'll never be accepted  :thumbsdown:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

zwilnik

It's all down to how you use it. Immediately block all apps and set your visibility to friends only. Then set the option for who can friend you to friends of friends only. Next is simply to only link to friends you know aren't the sort to post constant drivel and 'inspirational' photos or LOLcats. Then once it's safe, like the N Gauge Facebook group :)

Alex

Hopefully it might help me to shift some of my  books I've written and earn some pennies to spend on  :ngauge:

port perran

I've tried using it a few times and it makes absolutely no sense at all to me.
I simply cannot work out how to get started or (for that matter) what I'd use it for !!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Trainfish

In all honesty I've always seen it as a mini internet within the proper internet and I really can't understand WHY it works. The wife uses it and from what she says there's nothing there which you can't get elsewhere, ie the internet. We used to use chatrooms when I was younger so I can only guess it's like the next step, or steps, up from that.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Oldman

I stopped using it about a month ago.
Found it a waste of time. (just my opinion)
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

guest311

i've been tempted a couple of times, mainly because firms have said details of something are 'on our facebook page', but have so far resisted.

can't really see the point of any of these sites, but then perhaps I'm a dinosaur !

Alex

When I was looking in to setting up my own business a while back I opened up a Facebook page for it just to see if there would be any interest. Even after a few weeks the response was great and worth the effort. Unfortunatley a lack of funding put the brakes on that venture.

The wife has always been at me to shift all the books I have so I thought I'd give this a go. Putting them on Ebay is fine but if they don't sell you still have to pay admin fees. I also have them on Amazon as well.

If it doesn't work then no harm done.

Alex :wave:

longbridge

Good luck Alex  :thumbsup: I closed mine down a couple of months ago but I only had it open for a couple of months so I could converse with my Daughters  :angel: what a waste of time that was as I found out my Daughters are as nutty as the other fruit cakes on Facebook 
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

upnick

Hi  Alex  :wave: 

Well  i'm on  facebook i   find it fun as i  have a lot of mates on there from  work  &  a previous site i  was on,  hope the books go  well  on there  had a look  for you but couldnt find you to send a friend request ?   

Tank

I like it.  I am in contact with a lot of people who I haven't seen in a long time, and I enjoy reading about how they're getting on in life, and seeing pictures of their families.  I also have family in America and Australia that I can keep up to date with.  Granted you get the odd person who is on facebook 24/7 and needing everyone's attention, but you just ignore them!  LOL

Alex

Quote from: upnick on September 10, 2012, 10:44:18 PM
Hi  Alex  :wave: 

Well  i'm on  facebook i   find it fun as i  have a lot of mates on there from  work  &  a previous site i  was on,  hope the books go  well  on there  had a look  for you but couldnt find you to send a friend request ?

Hi Nick,

I've fixed the facebook thingy below my avatar.

Alex :wave:

oscar

I closed my account when I discovered several million people of whom I'd never heard, wanted to be my friend!

As for being poked?  :confused2:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations