NGS Journal Correction - NGF Products

Started by guest2, February 04, 2019, 11:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Good morning all,

Whilst reading the latest edition of the NGS Journal I was surprised to see photo's of NGF products in there.  I had no idea that these were appearing!  Sadly, this is another Journal article that misses out the point that these are exclusive items made for the N Gauge Forum, and can be found in our shop via the N'porium - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=classifieds;cat=18.

Article included...

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

CarriageShed

Quote from: Bealman on February 04, 2019, 11:48:05 AM
Indeed. No mention of the NGF at all.

Not surprising. With the current editor stepping down we can hope this will change in the future.

Chetcombe

I thought I recognized those platform benches when I read the latest journal last weekend...

Whether it is a lack of full disclosure or misinformation, it seems to me that no ones best interests are served. Hmmm
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

nookfield

Quote from: Tank on February 04, 2019, 11:05:05 AM
Good morning all,

Whilst reading the latest edition of the NGS Journal I was surprised to see photo's of NGF products in there.  I had no idea that these were appearing!  Sadly, this is another Journal article that misses out the point that these are exclusive items made for the N Gauge Forum, and can be found in our shop via the N'porium - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=classifieds;cat=18.

Quote from: CarriageShed on February 04, 2019, 01:19:57 PM
Quote from: Bealman on February 04, 2019, 11:48:05 AM
Indeed. No mention of the NGF at all.

Not surprising. With the current editor stepping down we can hope this will change in the future.

The review by Graham Hedges in the N Gauge Journal was correct as they have recently been added to the Peedie Models online shop.

Instead of criticising Graham/N Gauge Society, maybe you should be taking it up with Peedie Models about exclusivity

Tank

I did indeed take up this matter with Peedie Models many weeks back and sorted it out.  I'm not here to cause friction, but just wish it to be known when matters aren't correct.

The editor is Grahame Hedges by the way.

nookfield

Quote from: Tank on March 31, 2019, 09:50:42 PM
I did indeed take up this matter with Peedie Models many weeks back and sorted it out.  I'm not here to cause friction, but just wish it to be known when matters aren't correct.

The editor is Grahame Hedges by the way.

The N Gauge Journal was correct. They are new items available from Peedie Models.

Tank

It isn't correct, hence me correcting it and being in talks with Peedie Models.

njee20

Do you mean it is correct but shouldn't be (ie Peedie Models shouldn't be selling them) or that it actually isn't and Peedie Models aren't selling them...?

nookfield

Quote from: njee20 on March 31, 2019, 10:04:08 PM
Do you mean it is correct but shouldn't be (ie Peedie Models shouldn't be selling them) or that it actually isn't and Peedie Models aren't selling them...?

Peedie Models are selling them as I purchased some single Cabins last week

Tank

Peedie shouldn't be selling them, but I've emailed again to find out what's happening.

dannyboy

Out of interest, if these items are supposed to be exclusive to the N Gauge Forum, how did Peedie get hold of them? Or do Peedie make them for the NGF?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

nookfield

Quote from: dannyboy on April 01, 2019, 08:24:50 AM
Out of interest, if these items are supposed to be exclusive to the N Gauge Forum, how did Peedie get hold of them? Or do Peedie make them for the NGF?

Peedie Models make them.

Rob H

They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

njee20

With all due respect, does it matter? The items are available through them forum, so you can support them directly if you want them. If the Journal needs to issue a clarification they will, but I'm not sure it's really our business to know of the discussions between Tank/Peedie Models.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations