Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbeast

So I'm very happy.

I'm specifically interested in the railways of South Wales (where I grew up) and this astonishingly wonderful volume arrived today. I know its a rather specific niche interest but when you turn the page and see the station that used to be in your village (Bedwas and Trethomas) and trains that your Mum took to school every day, with pictures taken in the years that she may have actually been on the trains in question it really gives you goosebumps!

I've only had a quick flick through so far, I need to spend some quality time with this book but its looks amazing

Bealman

Maybe a post in the book review section when you've read it?  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

While I'm here in the happy thread, here's an incident that happened to me a couple of days ago.

It was raining quite heavily, and I'd missed the bus, so I decided to walk to the club (I was dressed for the conditions).

Anyway, a young guy, probably late teens - early twenties cycled past me. He was dressed in T shirt, shorts and helmet.

As he went past, he called out to me, "It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

I thought that was really nice and made me think that there's hope for the young uns yet.

Trainfish

I now have this mental picture of @Bealman dancing in the rain and pretty it ain't.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

I'll see what I can do  :P

Bob Tidbury

I am very happy I have just received conformation that my Parcels Raicar will be delivered tomorrow 12 th Oct
Cant wait to run it in gently in both directions on my test track before giving it a real good  run on my layout .
Bob

Bob G

After being denied my Covid booster in September (too young) I have got a text from my local GP telling me that I can have the booster now after all!

I'm 63, so I reckon that they have had poor take up in my region (they are all from the Covid deniers, Climate change deniers, fox hunting and rich landowner set round here, so that fits in with my assessment of just how smart they are). See - no politics here  :P

So tomorrow I'm off to fight my way to the front of the queue. If the roads are open, that is. The A46 (a good old fashioned Roman Road) is flooded.

Bob

dannyboy

I had my latest booster yesterday Bob. Previously, the injection site has always felt a bit tender for a day or two, but nothing with this one - touch wood. (Ouch  ;) ). Remember to put your snorkel in the car!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Had mine yesterday as well. Bit painful when lying on that side but no other side effects alhdlqwxlhlqflshx

Trainfish

I'm far too young and healthy to be allowed 1 of these yet. However, the wife tells me, and she's 1 of the kind people who gives the jabs, that there has been a very low take up all over the country so they may lower the requirements for a jab. If it's offered I'll take it, it's free after all and I like that word  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

I am often quick to criticise Royal Mail and still don't like them prioritising parcels over letters but in this instance it has been a benefit to me.
On Saturday morning 25.11.23 I took a parcel in to be sent 1st class signed for to Forfar. To say I was shocked when I was told it had arrived Monday morning 27th would be an understatement.
10/10 to Royal Mail :thumbsup:

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on October 20, 2023, 02:25:16 PMI'm far too young and healthy to be allowed 1 of these yet. However, the wife tells me, and she's 1 of the kind people who gives the jabs, that there has been a very low take up all over the country so they may lower the requirements for a jab. If it's offered I'll take it, it's free after all and I like that word  :thumbsup:

I had this jab earlier. I'm not sure that doing press ups at the gym an hour later was a good idea though. My arm hurts  :*(
John

<*))))><

Browning 9mm

after any jab I always worry about the risk of any infection from the site.

ok, they use an alcohol wipe of the skin before, but to be on the safe side, I always make a point of applying alcohol internally as well, just to be safe.

:beers:  ;)

Trainfish

What a splendid precaution. I'll get the wife to take me next time  :beers:
John

<*))))><

The Q

Ben our old Border collie had been visiting the vet due to falling down the stairs, they had also taken a blood test. After that we got given a long talk on expense and possible bad news...
Today he got the results of a second blood test that was more comprehensive and tested at a professional lab..
A very surprised vet said it was all clear and extremely good for a dog of his age :bounce:

As for his falling downstairs he's now on a staged reduction of painkillers and now on anti inflammatory pills for his arthritis which probably caused his fall.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations