!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 50265 times)

Offline Ian Bowden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26504
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #900 on: Yesterday at 01:03:28 am »
For some perverted reason your credit rating increases when you have more debt.

Online thebrighton

• N Gauge Society Number: 11588
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
« Reply #901 on: Yesterday at 10:02:49 am »
For some perverted reason your credit rating increases when you have more debt.
Oh yes, years working for Lloyds in a past life taught me that. I used to have a top notch credit rating but since I paid off my mortgage and now don't owe a penny to anyone it's quite rapidly falling. The way the system works is that if someone is lending you money and you're paying it back no problem you are obviously a good risk. The system can't comprehend that you don't need to borrow money so assumes you're not as no one will lend to you so you are obviously a poor credit risk.

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #902 on: Yesterday at 10:21:23 am »
It's why lots of people got into trouble. If you struggled to pay off an existing credit bill all the banks did was extend your credit limit. Not that I have ever struggled, but at one stage my credit limit was £10500.
I told the bank not to be so  :censored: stupid and reduce it to a max of £500 ::)

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #903 on: Yesterday at 10:27:04 am »
I have a credit limit of $29000 on a card, which tried to cancel, and I got someone who had a basic grasp of English trying to talk me out of it.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #904 on: Yesterday at 10:57:50 am »
I have a credit limit of $29000 on a card, which tried to cancel, and I got someone who had a basic grasp of English trying to talk me out of it.

And they was just doing there job. When you try to cancel anything with a bank or utility company they have staff trained to try to stop you from leaving.

and I got someone who had a basic grasp of English

What's has that got to do with it unless you are implying they were not good enough to do there job (the company that employed them thought that they was).

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #905 on: Yesterday at 11:00:46 am »
It's why lots of people got into trouble. If you struggled to pay off an existing credit bill all the banks did was extend your credit limit.

Banks would only extend the credit limit if you are making regular payments. 

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: 26722
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #906 on: Yesterday at 11:11:59 am »
It's why lots of people got into trouble. If you struggled to pay off an existing credit bill all the banks did was extend your credit limit.

Quite true, but when that regular payment, from some, is the bare minimum because that's all they can afford, then as far as I'm concerned to increase the credit limit of someone in that position, as I know they have done, is morally reprehensible and financially irresponsible.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #907 on: Yesterday at 11:39:50 am »

Quite true, but when that regular payment, from some, is the bare minimum because that's all they can afford, then as far as I'm concerned to increase the credit limit of someone in that position, as I know they have done, is morally reprehensible and financially irresponsible.

Just because credit is available doesn't mean the card holder has to spend it. My parents taught me that up that you had to save for something before you bought it and as a result I've never paid any interest on a credit card (I only have one because the bank gives me cashback for using it) and the only item I have borrowed money for is to buy a house.

Banks are partly to blame for people getting into debt that they cannot afford to pay back, but responsibility should also be with the person involved in spending the money.

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #908 on: Yesterday at 11:45:39 am »
Grrr.
Caught the train yesterday from Redruth to Bristol and return to watch the football. A trip I make 5 or 6 times a season with Cross Country trains.
The up trip was fine (if a little crowded).
Coming home however. First confusion for all at Temple Meads where the train was shown as foe Exeter (not the booked Penzance). No platform announcements other than this is the 17.43 to Exeter.
It was only after the train left that it was announced that the train would indeed terminate at Exeter (due to a member of staff being unavailable),
We all had to disembark and wait one hour for the next service.
On questioning the train manager it be ame apparent that it was the new train manager (Exeter to Penzance who was unavailable).
The coyager then continued to Penzance empty.
Ok probably couldnít be helped but the staff at Temple Meads were of no help and didnít seem aware of the problem at all.
Not good PR. Itís not too bad for those of us who know a bit about railways but the general public on the platform were obviously very confised and anxious.
Anyway, as luck would have it I eventulaay arrived 64 mins late at Redruth so a compensation claim is on its way to Cross Country.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
October Donations

Advertise Here