Time machine!!

Started by BROADTRAIN1979, March 21, 2011, 11:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROADTRAIN1979

Now me wonderful people and all :wave: if you had a time machine which year would you travel back to?? ... for me late 60s /early 70s as there were some fantastic locos.. emu /dmus around then  ;) :D :thumbsup: :Class37: :Class31: :Class414:

Tank

I would love to have seen the Atmospheric Railways in Croydon, so for me it would be 1846.

tadpole

Good question broadtrain, and having thought long and hard, my answer is probably the same as yours. I'd make sure I took enough money with me for an all-line rover, and a digital camera - two things I did not have back then.
Two rails good. Three better.

point blank

Last Saturday afternoon so that I can put the lottery on. I have already memorised the numbers. ;)

michael

id like to go back to 1974 when my house was built, its right next to the line between crewe and manchester. I'd like to see the trains that where running on it back then

jonclox

Would love to go back into whats known as 'Pre-history' Theres so much from back then that we know nothing about. Then maybe come back to todays tme having spent some time in each century on the way back to 'now'
The industrial revolution must have been awe inspiring at times.
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

porkie

I would go back to the mid 80's so I can sit and watch this  :Class31: and this  :Class37: slug hearts out across the network......

And buy a packet of fags, :beers: and chips for under a fiver  :evil:
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

OwL

I would go back to 1938 and watch Mallard break the world speed record for a steam engine. I would also put a £1000 on it achieving a speed of 126.5 mph at a bookies with good odds an hour before it ran thus making me the richest man in England. I would then time travel forward with my cash and buy graham farish and dapol renaming it Grapol and build every british outline locomotive in N gauge that ever existed. ever. Including the APT...................if only ::)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Claude Dreyfus

I'd buy a pair of rose-tinted specs, then travel back to the turn of the last century and partake in some branch line wanderings. How about a Stroudley D1 in LBSCR Ochre livery on a rake of 6-wheelers clattering through the Sussex countryside?

Mustermark

I would love to go back to 1974 when I remember being allowed to climb in the cab of a Western on Platform 4 of Reading station.  Big thrill for an 11 year old!  Bet Mr Health and Safety doesn't let the kids do that now.

But wait, I have done that!

So maybe I would venture to a time before that and see the Streamlined A4s in full steam on the LNER.  I love the 'Silver' ones in the grey livery.  Or maybe Mallard on its record breaking run.  That would be something special.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Adam1701D

Back to York in 1961 to see the Deltics working the ECML expresses alongside the LNER pacifics.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Lawrence

Not railway related but, I would go back to the day last May and not do whatever it was that I did that caused the disc to rupture in my back.  I then would not have had to endure 10 months of constant pain, I wouldn't have a 3" scar on my back, and I wouldn't still be hobbling round like my granny.

Then again, I am a hell of a lot luckier than some, just doesn't feel like it at times  ::)

cloughie

Quote from: Lawrence on March 23, 2011, 11:19:07 AM
Not railway related but, I would go back to the day last May and not do whatever it was that I did that caused the disc to rupture in my back.  I then would not have had to endure 10 months of constant pain, I wouldn't have a 3" scar on my back, and I wouldn't still be hobbling round like my granny.

Then again, I am a hell of a lot luckier than some, just doesn't feel like it at times  ::)

Lawrence what you and your good lady do when the curtains are closed ;) :-[ is nothing to do with us but I have heard that jumping off the cupboards without a parachute will have this affect on people ::), you should know this being ex RAF or did  brize norton not tell you this bit ;)
am I there yet

cloughie

I would like to go to Germany in about 1943 and nick a tiger tank from the production line, and before any one says anything a tank has tracks so it must count :thumbsup:
cloughie
am I there yet

Lawrence

Never, EVER, jump out of a serviceable aircraft, it's just wrong!

;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations