Hornby Sentinel - New for 2013

Started by 4x2, December 27, 2012, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

Hornby have announced a 0-4-0 Sentinel for 2013 - Now i'm really jealous of our 00 friends...  :envy: :envy: :envy:

If only somebody would do it in N.....
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Claude Dreyfus

You never know. I have seen a hand built one; I think a creation of Denys Brownlee.

4x2

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on December 27, 2012, 01:33:47 PM
You never know. I have seen a hand built one; I think a creation of Denys Brownlee.
would that be the guy who sells n gauge military stuff ? If so, seen it - loved it ! If not i'd love to see a pic !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

PLD

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on December 27, 2012, 01:33:47 PM
Quote from: 4x2 on December 27, 2012, 02:04:25 PM
would that be the guy who sells n gauge military stuff ? If so, seen it - loved it ! If not i'd love to see a pic !
I think you're confusing your sentinels...

Denys was one of the leading 2mm finescale modellers in the 1970s/80s. However as far as I know he only modeled the steam era (pre-grouping Somerset & Dorset being his last subject).
He made two 2mm Sentinels that I'm aware of - one the standard square industrial type and one of the S&D Radstock Shunters (see Sentinel 7109 Blog). The Hornby model is a very different beast being the 1960s industrial DIESEL type...

4x2

I have seen the hornby sentinel and it's exactly what i want !
0-4-0 DM with a Rolls Royce diesel engine, they also came in 0-6-0 and 0-8-0 flavours....
The steam sentinels are not my thing.

I was at the ipms show in telford and there was a guy there selling n gauge tanks etc, he had a tank train made up on the display. On the front of the train was a hand built, but static sentinel 0-6-0 ... It was very good ! No idea who the guy was, hence my query....

Mike

1whitemoor

It's a Thomas Hill 0-4-0, unmotorized - see a picture below

http://pgmodels.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/129_2933.jpg

If anyone is feeling adventurous, then Judith Edge sell 2mm body etches of the 0-6-0 version

Paul A.

4x2

Quote from: 1whitemoor on December 28, 2012, 10:08:59 AM
It's a Thomas Hill 0-4-0, unmotorized - see a picture below

http://pgmodels.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/129_2933.jpg

If anyone is feeling adventurous, then Judith Edge sell 2mm body etches of the 0-6-0 version

Paul A.
i stand corrected ! Yep, thats definetly a thomas hill... Intresting about judith edge,  i thought they didn't do N.

Mike

EtchedPixels

They've done small numbers of the kits in 2mm so its worth asking.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations