From N Gauge wiki
Warnings can be issued to Members of the forum for severe or persistent breaches of forum rules. A warning differs from a ban as the Member concerned will still be able to log into the forum and view posts.
NOTE: Only Moderators will be able to access the links
Before giving a Warning
Warnings are generally considered the last resort and usually the Member concerned will have been sent at least one 'new PM' and will be watched by several Moderators. A post will normally have been raised in the User Warnings Section. It is only where these measures have proved ineffective or the breach of our Code of Conduct is so severe that warnings will be considered. Warnings must also be applied fairly across the Members.
Levels of Warning
Warnings are given in percentages ranging from 0% (no warning) to 100% (user is unable to post) in increments of 5%. There are bands of severity:
- 00% No Warning
- 05% A warning is issued against the Member's profile, no other action results
- 10% The Member is added to the Moderator watch list, a warning is issued against the Member's profile, there are no loss of rights for the Member
- 35% All of the Members posts will be Moderated, the Member is added to the Moderator watch list, a warning is issued against the Member's profile
- 60% The Member will be unable to post, the Member is added to the Moderator watch list, a warning is issued against the Member's profile. This does not mean the member is banned, they will still be able to log in.
Note that a warning of, say 15%, will not result in any further loss of Member rights than a 10%. The purpose of the increments is to allow to the cumulative effect of breaches of our Code of Conduct
Setting a Warning
- Select the profile of the Member concerned
- Select 'Issue a Warning' from the 'Actions' tab
- Adjust the warning level using the + and - buttons as required
- Enter the reason for the warning - this is required
- Select 'Send notification' - this is optional but from warnings of 35% it is arguably essential that the Member knows why they have lost some of their rights
- Enter the 'Notification Subject'
- Enter the 'Notification Text' either by choosing one of the templates (Spamming, Posting Offensive Materials, Insulting Users/Staff) or creating your own text
- Notify other Moderators that a warning has been issued by placing a post in the User Warnings Section
- A list of Members who have received a warning or are being watched can be found in the 'Moderation Center' and by selecting 'Warnings' from the 'Main' drop-down
Warnings will be reviewed at regular intervals by the Moderation team to ensure that they are still relevant