Code of Conduct
From N Gauge wiki
The NGF Code of Conduct sets out the standards we expect from our members. Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct. If you have any questions, please contact the Moderation team
NGF Code of Conduct - Last Updated 05/11/13
The N Gauge Forum hopes to: Promote N Gauge modelling in all of its forms. To discover, progress and develop skills in all areas of the hobby.
As requirements of your continuing membership, you will be required to:-
- a) Behave with decorum. Please act towards others as you would wish to be treated.
- b) Post as regularly as possible; sharing member's projects and encouraging and helping other members, by answering queries and/or offering advice. We are here to support each other and not be competitive!
- c) Respect the copyright of all material submitted.
- d) Do not patronise members, or form cliques. This could be seen as bullying, and sadly happens a lot on forums.
- e) Refrain from using foul, abusive, racist or insulting language. Remember that youngsters read this forum.
- f) Do not deliberately make contentious or argumentative posts. The forum is not Speakers Corner and the forum rules apply to maintain a convivial atmosphere. Flagrant breach will result in suspension from the forum and possibly a ban.
- g) Items for sale are subject to the governing rules of the forum i.e. must be accompanied by a full description (including any faults) and photographs of the item(s) If you have items for sale please bear your fellow members in mind and advertise here before using media such as E Bay. Please also keep both parties fully up to date with transactions via PM.
- h) Automatic Account Deletion if:- You're a new member and you do not log in within a 90 day period and have ZERO posts; your account has not been activated after 30 days; you spam the forum; you advertise without seeking permission; you break the rules of the Code of Conduct; you argue with NGF members or staff.
- i) Political or Religious comment are banned.
- j) We do not allow businesses to sell or advertise their goods on the forum without permission from the Admins - unless they are already paying to advertise on the forum. Members who regularly post their business website in their signature, in posts, or goods in the For Sale section will be dealt with.
- k) Members are not allowed to post items 'for sale' or 'wanted' items on the open forum. These are to be placed on the NGF Classifieds only. To encourage new members to contribute to the forum, the NGF Classifieds will only become visible to forum members who achieve 10 or more posts.
- l) It has come to my attention that a small minority of our members are creating multiple accounts with the aim of circumventing the forum rules. Any member found with more than one account will have their membership suspended pending an investigation. If any member has more than one account and would like to delete these additional accounts then please contact Tank.
Bullying or Grievances
Bullying will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form and if claims of bullying are founded members will be immediately dismissed. If you feel you have a grievance or are a victim of bullying, please do not air it publicly in the first instance but PM one of the Moderators or click on the Report Post button and you can be assured it will be looked at. Do not be drawn into a slanging match in open forum. If you have a problem with a Moderator then please contact Tank via PM. I will not be biased towards a moderator, and everyone is treated equally.
The Moderation team is here to help you get the best from the forum but we do need your feedback, and if you experience any of the issues mentioned in the Code of Conduct, let us know by either by PM or Report Post. It is your forum, help us to continually improve it by keeping in touch with the Mod Team.
It may from time to time be necessary to withdraw membership from an individual. In most cases you may be given warning, but in extreme cases you will be banned. A member (or members) will be removed after discussion between the NGF Staff and is subject to majority vote.
CHECK YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! False email addresses are not permitted and may result in your account being closed. You will be sent a Private Message if your email address bounces, and if it's not changed you will not be allowed back.
This will be updated from time to time, so if you feel you're a trouble maker, then come back soon! :)