All material is copyright of Christopher Parker or their credited owners - 2017
Rather surprisingly to many, Whyteleafe was the last station to open on the branch
line and was opened over 30 years later in 1899. The current ticket office is the
original, and a footbridge was situated just behind it - the newer footbridge is
at the front of the building.
The size of this site was very large in comparison to the other stations, and it
had a number of sidings which were mainly where the station car park is now. There
was a second signal box at this station to control the traffic into these sidings.
The concrete foundations can still be seen at the end of Platform 2 for this box.