The only original station on the branch to keep it’s name from the day it was constructed is Caterham. Sadly, the original station building and platform have been demolished, and what we see today was opened in 1899 with the completion of double track to Purley.
The original platform and station building were situated where Waitrose and the car
park now stand. The building was in the same architectural style as the Station
Master’s house at Kenley. Also at the station were various sidings, a coal yard
and a goods shed -
Centenary ticket (see Centenary page for other type).
SE&CR Luggage Labels.
10th April 1904
6th August 1894.
30th December 1948.
7th April 1904.
Luggage Label from 1923-
3rd May 1966.