!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Minitrix SNCF CC72000 Diesel Locomotive Video Review  (Read 1884 times)

Offline D306Whistler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Konnichi Wa
    • Awards
Minitrix SNCF CC72000 Diesel Locomotive Video Review
« on: May 11, 2011, 01:33:36 AM »
Hey guys, I have done a review video of the Minitrix SNCF CC72000 model as promised,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGS_Ov7hdHI
You will notice in the video that the model is very powerful and the power capacity on the model is 14 volts DC and 22 volts AC for DCC mode. The model is 72073 and was split from a train set hence the cut up plastic tray that the model came to me in. The model has directional lights which are headlights only and not tail lighting as the lights use bulbs instead of LED's. The model will cost anything from 100 to 150, so the price might be steep but its still worth every penny for what you get on the model ;).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • Awards
Re: Minitrix SNCF CC72000 Diesel Locomotive Video Review
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:38:58 PM »
nice!

have you got any other sncf locos or rolling stock we can see?

tim

Offline poliss

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »
I would recommend running the loco in the other direction 50% of the time. This ensures even wear on the gears. You might have noticed that some locos have problems running in reverse after long service.

Offline D306Whistler

• Konnichi Wa
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 01:54:08 AM »
I would recommend running the loco in the other direction 50% of the time. This ensures even wear on the gears. You might have noticed that some locos have problems running in reverse after long service.
Indeed, I agree that this make even wear on the gearing. To be honest, I had a similar problem with uneven wear on the gearing with an 0-4-0 tank engine that I bought for my layout for shunting. This is why I usually run my trains (usually minus carriages/wagons) in each direction for about 30-45mins each direction on about 35-50% power depending on how sensetive the motor is before I use the model in general as this will highlight any problems with a pre-owned model. With a new model. I do this to allow the gearing to bed in which gives the model optimum performance when hauling a load ;).
nice!

have you got any other sncf locos or rolling stock we can see?

tim
Yes I have a Del Prado BB9300 locomotive which is a "Hybrid" as it uses a tomytec chassis as it was originally a Del Prado unpowered model. The chassis will need some weighting down for the model to run realistically, but as the maximum voltage for the motor on the tomytec chassis is 9 volts. It will be quite fly from a stationary position :).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £69.00
Below Goal: £31.00
Site Currency: GBP
69% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything